This position is expected to lead the music-related teams and systems that produce contemporary worship associated with First United Methodist Church so that our contemporary forms of worship grow to their potential in helping us live out our mission (creating grace-filled environments where Christ transforms lives).
This is a full-time position. The minimum salary is $40,000 and is negotiable with experience. A payment of $2,000 will be given to relocate.
We currently have one contemporary worship service (named First Light) on Sunday mornings at 9:30. Our dreams are for growing this area of ministry to additional services. Expansion means more musical team members, more design plans, and the ability to minister to multiple audiences. We are looking for the person who can lead and manage the musical aspect of these ministries in conjunction with the Associate Pastor for Contemporary Worship and the Ministry Team.
1. Bring direction, content, and vision to the First Light experience. (First Light is the name of our contemporary worship service.)
2. Support the Contemporary Worship Ministry Team in its work to give shape and direction to the First Light experience.
3. Lead and manage the band in an organized fashion with clear and healthy communication.
- Work with professional and amateur bad members;
- Scheduling band members (via Planning Center Online);
- Recruiting new members as needed;
- Maintaining substitutes;
- Being a pastoral care presence in each team;
- Weekly rehearsals and preparation for worship with sheets and keys passed on prior to worship and those rehearsals so that members can practice;
- Musical mentoring within the band as needed.
4. Expand leadership and management as we add contemporary worship experiences
- Weekend Services
- Youth Service
- Other contemporary service gatherings
5. Be reasonably and meaningfully connected to the life of FUMC.
6. Attend appropriate team meetings.
7. Help build an environment that raises up worship leaders (instruments, vocals, and leadership).
8. Work with Contemporary Worship Pastor and Worship Design Team to plan and implement First Light worship services
- music selection
- video selection
- other creative forms
- work with lighting and sound persons
9. Other duties:
- moving instruments, etc. in the First Light room (b/c it is used for other purposes)
- manage the business aspects of the music ministry, such as licensing for songs and videos
- assist with and participate in community elements of First light: hospitality, follow-up, group life
For questions, please call Karen Flores at 806-763-4607, x232 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call the church office or email addresses on the church website. To apply, please send resume and video links of worship leading to email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18
Executive Director of Creative ArtsCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
First United Methodist Church
God continues to grow us a grace-filled community by bridging our rich heritage with future generations and cultures, leading us into relevant ministry, empowering engaged diciples, and establishing effective outreach. More...