Church Name: Pacific Coast Church
Date: June 20, 2013
Church website: www.pacificcoastchurch.org
Contact Person: Dan Anderson
Pacific Coast Church has a baptist history celebrating over 50 years of ministry. Its multi-generational community reflects a balance of young families, singles and “builders”…a true reflection of the San Clemente community they are reaching with the gospel
message. Sunday services are a balance of contemporary worship and engaging teaching for the adults, along with the fully graded children’s and student ministry.
PCC has an average attendance of 1,200 and given the busyness of young families schedules they likely minister to over 1,500 people who call PCC their home church. Approximately 1/3 of Sunday attendees are children and youth. Currently they see new visitors
each Sunday and are poised for continued growth as they live out their vision for future ministry.
Although San Clemente itself dates back to the early 1900’s, the master planned community of Talega is a newer community attracting young families and professionals. PCC’s primary growth has been with young families. PCC is committed to providing an excellent
Children’s Ministry and providing tools and training for young parents to raise their children to follow the Lord.
CHILDREN’S ministry structure
The Children’s Ministry has been solid and consistent under the primary leadership of Laura Zanotti who has served faithfully for seven years. She is now seeking to stay at PCC as a congregant but will be retiring at the end of summer to be home with her
two teenage daughters and husband, making a way for a new Children’s Ministry Director.
PCC is fertile ground for a spiritually developed, highly gifted, compassionate leader who loves children. It is a place where creativity, vision casting, and development are welcomed. The new Children’s Ministry Director must be a solid leader with excellent
people skills and administrative organization. The director will be responsible for recruiting, training, and leading the CM ministry team in creating, developing, implementing, and maintaining an ongoing, vibrant ministry for children, birth through 5th
full-time CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR at Pacific Coast Church
- At least five years experience serving as a Children’s Director at a church at least our size or a primary assistant at a larger church.
- College degree in Child Development or Elementary Education.
- Born-Again Christian who has a consistent, growing relationship with Christ.
- Strong Leadership with a good balance of administration and people skills.
- Oversight and leadership of the children’s ministry. This includes Sunday morning programming, special events, community outreach, onsite midweek child care,
- Recruit, train, screen, and encourage children’s ministry volunteers and paid CM team.
- Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget.
- Train and supervise children’s ministry coordinators to set up for programs, manage the volunteer schedule and lead well.
- Communicate consistently with parents and provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership.
- Be an active member and participant on the staff team, giving support and ideas when needed. Be the advocate for families/children in the church.
- Should always exhibit professionalism in demeanor and relationships.
- Have a conscientious work ethic. Be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Able to work well with all types of personalities
- Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Volunteer leadership development
- Applications and background checks for volunteers
- Recruit, train and encourage volunteers
- Build relationships with volunteers and parents
- Lead assistants and ministry coordinators
- Provide parents with tools for success
- Order curriculum
- Set up/ run Sunday morning check-in system
- Plan and organize special events, family nights, holiday events, kids’ musicals and outreach
- This is considered a full-time position (40-45 hrs. weekly). $60-70K salary (depending on experience and education) plus health insurance and other benefits listed in employee manual.
Qualified applicants can send resumes to the contact email provided.