Part time: 20 hours/week
Direct reports: Worship Directors and Pastors
- Effectively recruit, train and develop a team of laity for the AVL ministry and then to coordinate their service for all worship services (including for children and youth services)
- Coordinate and maintain accountability and standards for excellence for laity team in AVL ministry for worship services and other church events. (This would include those volunteers who create the power point presentations for the sermons, video clips,
announcements, etc. and those volunteers who simply run the previously prepared presentations at each of our worship services or church programs.)
- Meet regularly with the worship planning team to evaluate and further develop the AVL ministry.
- Ensure that visual images, words to songs, scriptures, sermon points, etc., and video cilps are displayed during worship services and other programs
- Ensure that all A/V media is available for upload to website
- Care for AVL equipment and develop policies and proposals on its use and future purchases.
- Seek personal training in church AVL technology.
- Coordinate and provide AVL accessories necessary for worship services, programs and/or meetings (i.e. microphones, direct boxes, stage layouts, etc)
- Coordinate with Director of Traditional Worship, Director of Contemporary Worship, Pastors, and other group leaders to determine specific AVL needs for events
- Ensure proper AVL personnel for all events at UCUMC:
- Coordinate and assign people to cover all of the AVL needs for all worship services and Christmas, Easter, and Patriotic Musicals
- Provide or ensure coverage of AVL needs for weddings, funerals, and special events, including but not limited to the following: David Cox Elementary School Choral Concert, David Cox Elementary School 5th Grade End of year Ceremony, Lake Norman
Charter school 8th Grade Graduation, UMC District and Annual Conference Events; Youth Events, Women’s Ministry Events; Outside Concerts, etc. ***These events are considered over and above regular work hours and need to provide compensation to
those who provide the AVL needs of their events***
- Work with traveling performance groups to ensure they have AVL needs met, including personnel to operate equipment as needed
- Develop and implement a plan to be able to record quality videos of each service in order to upload them to our website
- Maintain a Christian commitment to Jesus Christ, the Church and the community (be a disciple)
- Ability to create and produce quality videos for services in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage time, people and resources.
- Experience in operating and maintaining sound equipment in a professional setting
- Ability to create a balance mix from different instrumental and vocal sources in order to provide professional quality sound for each service
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound reinforcement for services, programs, weddings, funerals and meetings
- Ability to work with varied groups with varied requirements
- Ability to teach and train laity operate AVL equipment at a professional level
- “Produce” each service; call the shots, make sure the flow is as smooth as possible from the technical perspective
Normal weekly hours:
- Monday worship design: 10:30am-12:00pm (1-1/2 hours)
- Tuesday worship design: 10:30am-11:30am (1 hour)
- Thursday Worship rehearsal: 6pm-9:30pm (3-1/2 hours)
- Sunday Worship services: 8:30am-12:30pm (4 hours)
- Additional 10 hours per week available for additional events with AVL needs and for shooting, editing and producing videos for services and ministries
- Additional hours may include special events such as musicals, weddings, funerals, and other ministry events (i.e. Women Who Dare, Fashion Meets Faith, etc.)
Submit resume and video portfolio to Brian Baylor at