Pastor of Student Ministries
Charity Church is a spirit filled, nondenominational church in Indianapolis, Indiana. We are searching for a Pastor of Student Ministries to lead our growing student and family ministries.
Our congregation is comprised of people from all backgrounds and faith stories. We have an incredible new Student Ministries facility that was built to serve as a tool to attract this generation! We desire to hire a spirited leader that has a passion for
and is grounded in the cause of discipleship while not neglecting ministry/outreach advancement. The church currently runs approximately 500 on Sundays, and we are preparing to enter another season of outreach and growth. We are experienceing growth of new
believers as never before. We are looking for a leader of leaders - to lead our team, and work with our students and families.
The person we are looking for needs:
- to understand the value of family ministry
- champion inter-generational ministry
- be creative and an innovator willing to try new ideas
- be a strong leader
- want to work in a team environment
- Align and communicate vision for Student Ministries.
- Partner with Senior Staff & Children’s Pastor to further develop and roll out a “Life-span plan.” (a strategic discipleship plan of how we plan to partner with parents from birth to graduation to disciple their children while resourcing them as parents.
Parent s should be the primary Spiritual Hero in their children's life.
- Possess the ability to communicate spiritual truths both verbally and creatively.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to connect and create relationships.
- Train the students to minister to believers as well as stretching them to evangelize the world.
- Demonstrate an ability to recruit, train, equip, and release volunteer leaders.
- Plan and organize parental resources and training.
- Organize and conduct a mid-week Jr. & Sr. High youth service that includes worship, preaching, practical application, fun, and relational opportunities.
- Oversee consistent student events such as concerts, camp, and other special activities.
- Attend weekly meeting with Sr. Staff and participate in weekly team staff meeting.
- Create and maintain approved Student Ministries annual budget.
- Oversee Student Ministries Facility maintenance & janitorial volunteers.
- Be available to preach/teach in adult services as requested by Lead Pastor.
- Oversee an existing, proven Upward Basketball program.
- Purpose to become visible and involved in our local schools to create opportunity for student exposure to Christ!
- Purpose to pursue Community Outreach opportunities.
- Establish accountability with local network of leaders.
- Continue being a student, furthering your personal education, be mentored and be a mentor.
- Student Ministry and biblical training.
- 3 years experience in a student ministry of 50 students or greater.
- Demonstrated ability to develop adult leaders.
- Believes in and is Biblically aligned with the core beliefs and values of Charity Church as expressed in our Constitution and By-Laws. (Available from Executive Pastor)
They will work with a strong staff team at the church, and we believe the opportunities in the coming years are amazing. We are looking for a pastor to continue to develop our current ministry, as well as partner with our Children's Pastor and Staff Leadership
to innovate new methods or serving families and helping parents be the spiritual heroes of their children. There are multiple ways for this pastor to serve and use their talents beyond the traditional Pastor of Student Ministries role. If you have a heart
for reaching families in a new way, please contact us.
Directly Supervises: Student Ministry Volunteer Staff & Potential of Children’s Pastor
Status: Full Time