This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Church at Red River
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Date Posted: 01/19/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Church at Red River
Pastoral Position – Worship
Church at Red River is a vibrant, young congregation (7 years old) in the Shreveport/Bossier City area in northwest Louisiana. We are a non-denominational, evangelical, spirit-filled congregation, wanting to build a life-giving ministry to reach people who are “unchurched” or who have been disconnected from church life. To get a sense of our vision and life, see our website at www.churchatredriver.com.
Church at Red River is seeking a worship pastor willing to accept a visionary challenge to help grow and develop a life-giving ministry. This position will afford the candidate valuable experience in a multi-faceted ministry role including worship, young adults, and media technology. We are seeking someone who has pastoral as well as worship skills, and who has several years of ministry/pastoral experience.
• Lead corporate worship in various settings
• Develop & lead an effective, cutting-edge music ministry that is consistent with Church at Red River’s vision.
• Lead the music team as a small group community & implement shared team responsibilities.
• Develop innovative use of video technology as part of the congregation’s worship experience.
• Recruit and train an audio/visual technology team.
• Assist with all aspects of services (prayer, communion, baptisms, child-dedications, teaching) as needed.
• Assist the senior pastor with pastoral care responsibilities – particularly with Life Group oversight and leadership training.
• Help develop creative strategies for discipleship and outreach.
• Complete any other tasks assigned by the senior pastor
Character traits, Experiences, and Skills (Candidates should exhibit a majority of these.)
1. Candidate will be a pastor first, then a musician – leading worship by worshiping!
2. Candidate exhibits strong Christian character that demonstrates a close relationship with God through personal devotional, worship, and prayer life.
3. Candidate is able to display an ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations.
4. Candidate is skillful in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
5. Candidate seeks to minister to the whole family.
6. Candidate can recognize and develop leadership potential.
7. Candidate has conceptual skills and can develop an idea into an active ministry.
8. Candidate is Enthusiastic, High energy, Self-starter; Encourager; Visionary.
9. Candidate is comfortable with the use of technology in worship and competent in sound, lighting, computers, PowerPoint and video projection.
Responsibility and Accountability
This position is held accountable by being under the supervision of the Pastor. We are looking for an individual with whom we can expand our influence in life-giving ministry.
The salary package will be commensurate with experience.
How to Respond
1. Those interested in the position should send a resume, including 4 references, with a cover letter that briefly describes their gifts, background, and experience to Church at Red River, P.O. Box 52746, Shreveport, LA 71135 or emailed to email@example.com.
2. The Church at Red River search committee will review all materials and interview potential candidates at which time a decision will be made.
3. Applicant must allow Church at Red River to conduct criminal background checks.