Faith Church (Dyer Campus)
Dyer, IN 46311
Faith Church exists to reach the disconnected and grow the connected.
Title: High School Pastor Reports to: Student Ministries Pastor
The High School Pastor will help provide leadership in the areas of Student Ministries. This leadership will come from:
- A personal commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- A mature faith and steadfast character.
- A reliance on the authority of Scripture and prayer.
- A sense of calling to an “equipping of the saints.”
Core Function – The High School Pastor will create and lead a team of people whose primary objective is to provide ministries that reach disconnected high school students and grow the connected students. They will conduct
themselves in accordance with the mission/vision and values of Faith Church, and agree to fully cooperate with the leadership of Faith Church.
- Main Bible teacher and program director for weekly ministry events
- Pursue good communication and creativity
- Oversee curriculum based upon “The 7 Checkpoints”
- Coordinate leader-student relationships (KWM)
- Follow up, contacting, pursuing, and other staff to student relationship building
- Oversee the spiritual growth and health of the ministry and its people
- Prioritize parents and new students
- Provide a ministry presence in the Atrium during weekend worship to promote ministry visibility
- Give vision, direction, care, and accountability to volunteer staff
- Recruit and place new volunteer staff
- Develop an adult leadership team to assist with leading ministry
- Strategize ways to move the ministry forward and solve problems
- Ensure the high school ministry and overall student ministry meets or exceeds yearly goals
- Plan special events for outreach, growth, and service
- Informal counseling as needed—students, parents, volunteer staff
- Assist with all-church initiatives where needed
- Other tasks as assigned
Time Commitment – Full-time salaried
- Hours per week as defined under “Time Commitment.”
- The compensation package is available through the Executive Administrator.