The Journey is looking for a new team member in the position of Worship Pastor for our Queens campus. We are the newest New York City campus of The Journey Church, and we have grown to 190 people each week. We expect continued rapid growth, and
we're looking for someone to help take us to the next level!
We’re looking for a young, motivated worship leader to work with our great Worship Arts Team. If you’re a natural born leader with music experience and would love to be a part of a dynamic, innovative team shaping the future of one of the fastest growing
churches in the country, then this position might be for you!
Are you called to serve in Queens? Are you interested in helping a new church continue to grow?
Are you passionate about raising up musicians and volunteer leaders, leading a proven music and worship planning system, and growing a music ministry in a multi-site setting?
Are you interested in expanding an already healthy volunteer structure of over 30 musicians and singers to a structure of over 50+ volunteers?
Can you lead worship at a high level, and bring musical excellence to the stage, to worship planning, and to cultivating highly experienced musicians in New York?
This is an equipping position to make a difference with the best and the brightest from around the world that make up the Queens Campus of The Journey Church.
- A Solid Calling to Queens and a high commitment to the local church
- The ability to manage a large and growing Music Team System
- Hard-working with a "whatever it takes" attitude
- A passion for the Bible and innovation, as well as worship and the arts
- A team player with solid organizational skills
- A high level understanding of music and music direction in a contemporary / rock context
- Must lead worship while playing the guitar
- Ability to read and write music notation and chord charts a must
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered. In the cover letter please include a
LINK TO A VIDEO of you leading worship.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to Queens?
(3) Define your call to ministry.
(4) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
Please send cover letters and resumes to