This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Worship Arts
Zion Reformed Church
Grandville, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 12/08/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
Coordinate the Music and Worship Arts ministries of Zion Reformed Church with approximately 300-350 in average worship attendance. To equip and shepherd musicians and with the Sr. Pastor to guide and support the worship planning process for a blended worship style. Support the vision of our church through the act of worship. Our vision in all worship services is to
1. Celebrate God's reconciling love
2. Reach out to those who do not know God's love in the context of a community being transformed by God's Spirit
1. Leadership and Oversight
a. In consultation with the pastors and the elders, communicate a vision and philosophy of utilizing music and arts in worship that is congruent with being a Reformed, Christian congregation.
b. Develop a long-range worship plan in collaboration with the senior pastor.
c. Establish a standard for excellence in all our worship activities.
d. Oversee praise team, organists and pianists, musical ensemble leaders (i.e., Bell Choirs), sound technicians, and decorations team.
a. Maintain accountability for the worship philosophy and vision of each service by providing prayer support, credible feedback and mentoring, where needed, to musicians and other volunteers.
b. Establish standards for worship activities and evaluate against those standards
c. Identify, encourage and expand use of congregational gifts in worship, especially among youth and children and the visual arts
d. Maintain a ministry of encouragement to all who offer themselves in the various forms of art or in support of our worship services.
e. Identify and attend with others, as appropriate, seminars and conferences on worship leadership.
3. Direct Involvement
a. Plan weekly worship, in coordination with the pastor, for both morning and evening services.
b. Assist in planning various worship arts events or special services that fulfill our vision.
c. Attend staff meetings
d. Lead Worship Committee meetings quarterly.
e. Maintain copyright compliance and music resource maintenance.
1. College degree, equivalent experience, or present enrollment. Some advanced training in music and/or theology is preferred.
2. High level of musical ability in either vocal or instrumental is required. Piano preferred.
3. Have a passion for worship and a vibrant prayer life.
4. Be familiar with and supportive of all worship styles, and be acquainted with a wide body of music worship literature.
5. Possess a vision for worship and the ability to express that vision.
6. Have pastoral sense for mentoring and developing worship leadership and gifts in others.
7. Demonstrate leadership and proficiency in the music ministry.