Principal focus: Provide administrative and operational oversight to enable the ministries of the Hastings United Methodist Church (HUMC).
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Responsibilities: To provide leadership for the administrative, communication, finance and adult discipleship ministries at HUMC for the purpose of accomplishing our congregation’s mission and ministries. This is a full-time 40 hour a week
- Work as liaison with various HUMC committees as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Supervise support staff to accomplish HUMC mission and core values.
- Provide leadership for the recruitment and training of church volunteers for administrative and adult educational ministries.
- Assist with event scheduling in HUMC building.
- Provide leadership for external and internal communications, marketing and promotions at and for HUMC.
- Acts as a liaison between HUMC and community.
- Develop and recommend best practices to the relevant HUMC committees for the stewardship, finance and budget ministries.
- Oversee the management of the HUMC budget.
- Provide leadership for the adult assimilation and discipleship ministries at HUMC.
- Convene new and existing adult classes for the purpose of Christian spiritual development.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong planning, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Passion to serve and help others succeed.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to organize teams of people for ministry accomplishment.
- Ability to teach and preach and provide pastoral care.
- Willingness to be credentialed as a Certified Church Business Administrator (CCBA) (credentialing as CCBA must be completed within calendar year), United Methodist Lay Speaker and Stephen Minister.
- Proficient in all office, educational and worship technologies.
- Must be available to work up to three evenings a week for ministry accomplishment.
- Must have a personal relationship with God through Christ and a willingness to share faith journey with others.
- Have an understanding and support the teachings and principles of the United Methodist Church.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources preferred.