New Horizon Church, known for its cutting edge contemporary worship and musicality, is looking for a key creative leader to serve as Worship Pastor in this growing church community. In this highly visible role, the successful candidate
must demonstrate the leadership dynamics, spiritual maturity, analytical skills and communication savvy to:
- Shape a high-powered performance team of musicians, singers and technicians.
- Take the lead in driving the creative process including, but not limited to, designing worship services and special programming.
- Take the lead in developing and overseeing the execution of graphics, media, and technical dynamics.
- Lead worship from the platform. (Guitar player preferred.)
- Work closely with the senior pastor in creating vision in support of weekly messages and sermon series from a musical and technical design perspective.
- Recruit, train and develop talent and leaders.
- Disciple team members.
- Set goals, and develop and execute strategic plans.
- Strategically manage the ministry budget.
- Coordinate all ministry activities.
This person will be held responsible for the overall “success” of Sunday services, including:
- Driving and contributing to the creative process as it relates to musicality, sound, lighting, media and stage design.
- Stage and equipment maintenance.
- Discipleship and fellowship.
- Facilitating leadership development and empowerment amongst worship team.
- Goal attainment.
- Overall growth and development of the church.
Character: Worship is something that should engage the entire person – spirit, soul, and body! God is the final consumer of our worship, but the goal of the worship team is to lead the congregation into worship. The members of the worship team are servants,
with the leader setting the example and leading the call. Therefore, the Worship Leader needs to know the word of God, be skillful in leading, demonstrate a servant’s heart, effectively pastor and disciple team members, and partner with others in achieving
goals. While artistry, freshness and creativity are important, emphasis will be placed on leadership development, discipleship, fellowship and service.
Experience: The successful candidate MUST be an experienced worship pastor/leader with a proven track record of developing talent and other leaders, managing a multi-faceted worship ministry, and creating a cutting-edge worship experience.
For consideration, submit resume AND video of leading worship to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Worship Pastor” in the reference line.
Please do not call the church office or email addresses on the church website.