San Jacinto Baptist Church
Youth Job Posting/Description
Job Title: Youth Pastor
Supervisor/ Accountability: Pastor and Elders
Position Status: Full Time
Position Summary: To lead the Church’s Youth Ministry team, our students, and families, into becoming “Fully Devoted Disciples of Christ”.
SJC Mission and Vision
San Jacinto Baptist Church is a contemporary, growing, vibrant church located in the suburban community of Deer Park, Texas, right next to the high school. We are focused on a singularly divine mission; “To lead people to become fully devoted
disciples of Christ!”
San Jacinto Baptist church has long been known as the “church on the corner” in our community, symbolizing the open invitation for anyone to join our fellowship and encouraging all to experience God’s grace, mercy, and forgiveness. As we prepare for a new
chapter in the life of our Church, we are eagerly looking for a leader who is willing to join our team to continue our legacy; as well as reflect the vision, desire and passion for making disciples. Building Disciples in our “Kids”, Building Disciples in
our “Youth”, Building Disciples in our “Men”, Building Disciples in our “Women”, Building Disciples as “Families”, Building Disciples as a “Church” is our vision!
Of paramount importance, we need staff that has an active growing relationship with Christ. Their Christ centered walk is seen as foundational to their life and is reflected in their personal character, lifestyle, and family values.
San Jacinto Baptist Church is a biblically centered, culturally relevant, faith based praying Church. To be successful in our efforts, we need a Youth Pastor that has a personal character, a lifestyle, and family values that are best reflected in God’s
Word, 1 Timothy 3. The candidate’s personal walk with Christ is the most important foundational aspect that is a necessity for this position. Of paramount importance to the Church is a candidate who is:
- A relational leader who believes strongly in the value of team work; dedicated to authentically touching the lives of both believers and unbelievers.
- A leader whose discernment is humble enough to be led when and where necessary; but demonstrates a desire to lead others to participate as a team.
- Energized to motivate others to succeed by equipping, training and empowering them to fulfill their God given abilities.
Foundational Requirements (continued):
- Self-disciplined, an effective communicator, possessing strong motivational skills, a high level of organization, and an understanding of the diplomacy and flexibility when working within the church family.
- A self-starter, with a proven track record in initiating processes, ministries and procedures, as well as sees them through their completion.
- Possess a combination of administrative, leadership and pastoral skills that are seasoned in teaching, learning, and living in God’s Word.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
It is not possible to list all of the essential duties and responsibilities of the Youth Pastor position, as the ultimate job description will be comprised of the successful candidate’s spiritual gifts, attributes and as directed by the Senior Pastor; however
the following are a list of broad items and targeted items that have been identified:
- The Youth Pastor will be the leader of the Church’s youth ministries; striving to provide guidance, structure and a solid biblical foundation. A solid foundation that equips our youth with God’s Truths and God’s Armor; so that they may successfully be
Disciples of Christ, to their friends, peers and the community.
- To support, guide and oversee the youth ministry in conjunction with assigned staff and volunteers. Leading by example through positive coaching, encouragement, partnership and developing programs to disciple, challenge and train participants foundational
in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Work in unison with the Senior Pastor in supporting the Church’s direction by actively engaging its youth to be key foundational contributors to the vitality of the Church.
- Orchestrate, preach, oversee and lead in engaging worship for our Youth Wednesday Services; as well as coordinate activities for youth ministries on Sundays.
- Utilize and manage volunteers to best facilitate direct one-on-one and small group engagement and guidance to students as necessary.
- Facilitate effective oral and written communication skills to prepare material for teaching and preaching that is Biblically based and relevant to the student’s needs.
- Work in close partnership with the Senior Pastor to help strengthen the core of the overall church ministries, its active body and promote staff effectiveness.
- Identify, foster and help build up youth students for leadership roles; so that they become “Fully Devoted Disciples of Christ”.
- Assist with the order of service with the Senior Pastor each week as necessary and fill in for the pastor in delivering the message to the Church body, in the pastor’s absence.
- Provide leadership with the staff, lay leaders, ministry teams, and volunteers to develop new strategic initiatives that are vibrant and purposeful in carrying out the church’s vision and mission.
- Participate in off-site activities from growth group participation, church outreaches, summer camps and missions’ opportunities.
- Assist Senior Pastor in overseeing, helping to define, plan and implementing Mission Trips that encourages the youth ministry as well as the church body to participate in worldwide outreach.
- Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as directed by Senior Pastor.
The Youth Pastor will report directly to the Senior Pastor of the church and has reporting responsibilities to other staff members and elders of the church as directed.
The position of Youth Pastor requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The Youth Pastor should be in the office a sufficient amount of time for staff meeting, accessibility to members of the congregation, and
for regular communication with members of the church staff. However the Church does support flexible work hours that allows staff members to participate in personal activities during the standard work day that best facilitate individual needs. Schedules
and or planned time off may need to be altered based on unforeseen events and or circumstances.
WAGE & BENEFITS:
Once a candidate had been selected, the church will offer a formal offer letter detailing wages and benefits. Wage will be based on a 40 hour work week in accordance with experience level of candidate and prevailing wages in the community. Additionally,
benefits will be outlined in the offer letter which will include health insurance, retirement programs, vacation schedules, housing allowances and other considerations.
CONSIDERATIONS & INTERESTED CANDIDATES:
It is anticipated that a successful candidate will have or is engaged in a formal theological and or ministry training along with an extended background of vocational pastoral ministry. Other paths such as a degreed individual with sufficient applicable
experience working with volunteers, church staff and teaching applications, may be considered. Regardless of formal education and of utmost importance is:
- A heart that exemplifies a relationship with our Savior Jesus Christ!
- A heart that pursues a continual process of maturity and growing in your faith!
- A heart that reflects the fruits of a man after God’s own heart!
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to email@example.com or send a hard copy to:
San Jacinto Baptist Church
Attention: Pastoral Committee
310 West "P" Streets
Deer Park, TX 77536