Position Summary: The Executive Chef organizes and manages all routine and non-routine aspects of Food Service. This includes managing and coordinating all staff, preparing and monitoring service of food and drinks, inventory control, following all health compliance regulations and customer service.
Ministry Department: Food Service
Position Reports To: Administrator
Hours: This is a full-time position with a basic work schedule which consists of working Monday through Thursday, as well as attendance at Sunday and Wednesday services and special events as required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan menus for weekly meals as well as special events, coordinating staff needed.
- Maintain a running inventory of all food items.
- Ensure the proper storage and rotation of food.
- Maintain the cleanliness of kitchen equipment, and the kitchen as well as all food service related areas.
- Responsible for the timely validation of hours worked bi-weekly and the preparation and submission of hours worked for all food service personnel.
- Ensure proper distribution of petty cash funds, including maintaining receipts and timely submittal of required paperwork to reimburse the petty cash fund.
- Responsible for issuance of cash drawers and verification of sales from all food service registers.
- Responsible for properly securing all food service areas.
- Timely preparation and submission of a variety of food service reports.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in performing all work in order to honor our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Faithfully maintain discretion and effectively deals with sensitive and/or confidential information of a written and spoken nature.
- Use independent judgment to determine work priorities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Administrator.
- Is a loyal staff member by cooperating and following the leadership of the church.
- Follow Liberty’s policies and procedures.
- Work in coordination with the overall mission, goals and objectives of the church which are summarized by the mission statement “Changing Lives, Communities and the World”.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate degree in Food Service, Business, or Management, or, graduation from a culinary school desired
- 3-5 years of supervisory food service experience required
- ServSafe certified
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructions
Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This position will be carried out primarily in the kitchen, dining hall, and café. There will be times of extensive standing, bending and lifting of moderately heavy items.
This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. Liberty Baptist Church retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Operating OfficerVenice Presbyterian Church
- Venice, Florida
- October 20
Creative Arts & Communication DirectorRadiant Church
- Richland, Michigan
- October 18
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18
Timberlake Church - High School PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Redmond, Washington
- October 17
New Vision Baptist Church - Student PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- October 14