Pastor of Student Ministries & Outreach
First Evangelical Free Church
3321 7th Street, Moline, Illinois
Role: The Pastor of Student Ministries and Outreach will give pastoral leadership to Student Ministries resulting in students prepared for ministry, enjoying Christian community, and maturing in Christ (Ephesians 4:11-13) and will provide
strategic leadership for impacting our community with the gospel.
- Be a Model Disciple, an active, growing follower of Jesus Christ.
- Be proven in character and proven in ministry.
- Possess the Spiritual Gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality, and Experience (SHAPE) for effective ministry.
- Hold or pursue a Master of Divinity Degree or equivalency.
- Hold or be willing to obtain an EFCA Certificate of Ordination or Ministry.
- Endorse and support the Doctrinal, Mission, and Vision Statements of First Free.
- Make the discipline of prayer a ministry priority.
- Student Ministry (i.e. Junior High, Senior High, and College)
- Be a pastor to students and young adults, seeking the lost, bringing back the scattered, binding up the broken and strengthening the weak (Ezekiel 34:16).
- Develop and implement a strategy for Student Ministry which fulfills our vision to be One Family with Far-reaching Impact.
- Recruit and develop ministry team(s) to share the work of ministry.
- Communicate regularly with students, their parents, the Student Ministry team, and volunteers.
- Provide strategic leadership to the Outreach Team in mobilizing the First Free family to pray and labor for the influence of the gospel in the Quad City Area beginning with our neighborhood.
- Oversee the assimilation ministry of the church, including follow-up of seekers, visitors and others desiring information in the areas of salvation and evangelism.
- Equip and mobilize believers for living the Great Commandment and fulfilling the Great Commission with their neighbors, coworkers, and friends.
- Share in other pastoral responsibilities (e.g. pastoral care, preaching, etc.).
Terms of Call:
- The tenure of this Call shall be indefinite.
- Responsible to and works under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.
- Work as a member of a Pastoral Team in fulfilling the mission and vision of the church.
- Work with the Student Ministry and Outreach Teams in fulfilling ministry goals.
- Complete and implement an annual Personal Development Plan.