Senior Pastor Job Description
New Hope Church is an evangelical church located in Camden, Michigan. Camden is as South Central Michigan as you can get. Approximately 10,000 people live within a 30 minute drive of the church. 85% of them do not attend church on a regular basis, which also means most of them do not know their Savior, Jesus Christ. We believe in the authority of Scripture and that redemption is offered through Christ alone. Sunday attendance averages 120 (adults and children). We are blessed with a great church. We have a great desire to be more effective at reaching our community with the gospel of Jesus Christ, and to grow those who are already a part of our congregation into mature Christ Followers. The Senior Pastor will serve on the elder board and lead a team of volunteers in carrying out the duties and functions of the Church.
We believe that the Senior Pastor God is choosing for New Hope will be a servant leader, with a vision and passion for people and for God’s work through the local church. He will have strong communication skills (both in the pulpit and interpersonally), will enjoy developing new leaders, has a heart for personal evangelism and evangelism through community service, and the ability to inspire others to walk more deeply with our Creator.
1. Leadership, Vision, and Administration
· Seek God’s word and God’s leading for New Hope Church
· Discern and communicate vision and direction
· Lead, shepherd and develop the volunteer team and other support staff
· Effectively identify and develop the gifts and talents of church staff and lay leaders
· Inspire, influence and challenge the spiritual well-being of the congregation, so that
they may glorify God in their public and private lives – both corporately and as
· Lead church staff meetings and encourage team ministry
2. Preach and Teach
· Preach with both depth and breadth:
I. Depth – doctrinally rich, Gospel centered, authentic, heartfelt and encourages obedient response
II. Breadth – multigenerational, relational, and relevant
· Lead the preparation and execution of vibrant, Spirit filled, Biblical worship services
3. Set an Example
· Model a life passionate for Jesus Christ and his kingdom
· Model a heart committed to sharing the good news of Jesus and his love with a lost
world and making disciples in accordance with Matthew 28:18-20
· Model a life of personal reliance upon God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
· Demonstrate a deep love for people and model discipleship by teaching and leading
in the context of God honoring relationships
· The Senior Pastor shall be led by the Holy Spirit and meet the New Testament
requirements for office as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
· A commitment to our doctrinal distinctive. New Hope Church maintains it’s local
autonomy, but is a part of the United Brethren in Christ Denomination. The Senior
Pastor must support and adhere to the United Brethren discipline and guiding
Applicants should forward their resumes to email@example.com
They should also go online to www.ub.org and complete a pastors profile form.
Our mailing address is 302 Lake St. Huntington, IN 46750
All inquires should processed through our office in Huntington, IN.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PastorBakerstown Alliance Church
- Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
- December 9
Senior PastorMeriden Evangelical Free Church
- Meriden, Iowa
- December 8
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Magnolia, Texas
- December 6
Senior PastorBethel Baptist Church
- Newell, Iowa
- December 4
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Gallatin, Missouri
- December 1
United Brethren in Christ Church
The United Brethren church is…. Evangelical. Theologically, we enjoy solid evangelical credentials. Not huge. We have about 200 churches in the United States. Being huge has its advantages, but that’s not who we are. International. We include churches in 18 countries, and a presence in a number of others. Welcoming. We gladly link arms with other Christian denominations, organizations, and groups to accomplish Christ’s mission. Church-focused. We’re not big on denominational stuff. The local church is where things hap More...