Abiding Savior Free Lutheran Church of Sioux Falls, SD, is seeking God's leading in the selection of an Elementary Education Director. This position will exist to see children come to KNOW Jesus Christ as Savior, to GROW as members of God's family, and
to GO in service to our Lord. This role will provide leadership in maintaining comprehensive and intentional spiritual growth plans for pre school and elementary aged children in Sunday School, Mid-Week and VBS ministries. The director will be responsible
for all aspects of non-fee based children's ministry, to include recruiting, equipping and developing teachers and aides.
1. A love for Jesus, a servant heart and a passion for youth education and ministry.
2. Experience in Christian education, administration and biblical studies.
3. Ability to recruit, energize and develop volunteers into educational leaders and teachers.
4. Effective planner with attention to detail in development and communication.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Lead the Elementary Education Board in creating, developing, implementing and maintaining ongoing ministry for children pre school through fifth grade.
2. Recruit, develop and manage volunteer teachers and aides in leadership of all non-fee based children’s ministry, to include Sunday School, Wednesday Evenings and VBS.
3. Maintain consistent communication with parents regarding value and development of children’s ministry, as it relates to the church’s mission of Knowing, Growing and Going.
4. Facilitate annual teacher training and orientation.
5. Coordinate children's ministry activities and special events, instilling a sense of teamwork among leaders and volunteers. Maintain stewardship to ensure curriculum and materials are appropriate and available.
Interest and Application:
To learn more about Abiding Savior Free Lutheran, please visit our web page at:
To apply, please send resume, testimony of faith and references to: