PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: Direct and administer the overall guest relations for the church which includes managing the Connections Center on weekends and the front office of the church. Work in an administrative capacity to assist the Senior
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Guest Services
- Administer and maintain the Connection Center on the patio to help our guests in various ways –provide information and directions, help them get plugged in to ministry positions, sign interested parties up for membership classes, etc. Includes recruiting,
training and scheduling volunteers.
- Oversee the church’s hospitality and first impression on guests.
- Assure that guests connect with the church and know what next step to take in order to become more deeply involved in the life of the church.
- Manage the Ushers and Greeters by recruiting, training and scheduling volunteers.
- Manage the golf cart ministry by recruiting, training and scheduling volunteers.
- Front Office
- Maintain the operation of the front desk, e.g., answering phones, greeting visitors, etc.
- Collect, sort and distribute the connection cards from the weekend services. Includes managing the process queues in CCB for the various requests from the cards.
- Recruit, train and schedule volunteers for coverage of the front desk at all times, and otherwise manage the front office.
- Administrative Assistant to the Senior Pastor
- Work with Senior Pastor on special projects, events, e.g., assist with the preparation for the new members classes.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Ability to manage and interact with a wide variety of people. Administrative, management and organizational skills. High level of both oral and written communication skills. Ability to handle details of many ongoing projects at the same time. Having
a working knowledge of office equipment, budgeting processes, computer equipment. Have a mature Christian faith.
Glenkirk is a biblical, Christ-centered, evangelical church in the Reformed tradition. We belong to ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians and our focus is on mission to people who do not yet know Jesus. We welcome men and women to all levels
of service and leadership.