The Executive Pastor serves by assisting the senior pastor in providing direction, development, oversight, and evaluation of all assigned staff and leadership to the ministry and operational components of Glad Tidings Church as well as overseeing the management
of the church campus, facilities, and financial matters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Will work with the Senior Pastor and the church board in the development and ongoing evaluation of a staff organizational structure, job descriptions for all assigned staff members, staff policy manual, and a compensation rubric to use in
determining and evaluating staff salary packages.
2. Will establish regular and continual communication platforms with all assigned staff members to provide counsel and accountability in the development, implementation, evaluation, and promotion of all ministry goals, objectives, and initiatives
with special attention given to the establishing of timelines and action steps and provide regular updates to the Senior Pastor.
3. Will identify areas of needed improvement campus-wide and facilitate discussion with the appropriate parties with the intention of addressing said concerns.
4. Will mediate all issues and conflicts for and between staff members.
5. Will assist the staff in securing needed resources, training, and networking opportunities to enhance ministry effectiveness.
6. Will direct all financial matters including payroll, accounts payable/receivable, monthly/annual financials, bookstore financials, benevolence disbursements, and budget development.
7. Will provide ongoing analysis of spending habits, budget practices, and other systems, considering and suggesting ways to become more efficient with the use of staff and funds while enhancing the vision and values of the church.
8. Will oversee all human resource issues including personnel policies and staff benefits.
9. Will assist the senior pastor and church board in the securing, evaluating, and implementation of all contracted services, renovation, or new building projects, as well as overseeing the ongoing custodial and lawn care contractors and direct
the preventative maintenance schedules, projects, and activities.
10. Will, at the request of the senior pastor and under his oversight, lead the process of screening, interviewing, and orientating of all staff members.
11. Will assist the Senior Pastor with the development and delivery of annual personnel evaluations.
12. Will entertain and be direct response for complaints, grievances, inquiries, and suggestions with ability to problem solve with understanding of the unique ministry context and diverse expectations.
13. Will work to ensure smooth operations within organization, promoting adherence to standards while upholding the mission and values of GT.
14. Other tasks as requested by the senior pastor.
Salary commensurate with experience (60K-68K)
All applicants should send an updated resume, including three references to email@example.com by September 15, 2013. No phone calls please.