--PDF Version: hillsidemarin.org/worship --
--More Information about Hillside Church of Marin at hillsidemarin.org --
The Worship Director at Hillside Church of Marin will be responsible for the planning, preparation, leadership and coordination of all aspects of the musical and creative expression portion of our weekend services. This person will be the leader and teacher for our worship team, striving to present a consistently meaningful and high quality corporate worship experience each week. This is a creative part time position that requires someone with a passion for music, a creative edge, and a heart for God.
- Plan the musical and creative expression portion of Hillside’s corporate worship services in consultation with the Pastors.
- Schedule, organize and lead weekly rehearsals.
- Lead in some form of spiritual formation at every rehearsal.
- Introduce the worship team to worship training, books, and/or conferences.
- Coordinate the leadership of congregational worship at each of Hillside’s weekend services (currently 9:00am, 10:30am, and 5:00pm) as well as occasional special services.
- Oversee the sound, light and media aspects of the services including volunteers.
- Develop the worship team by recruiting and coaching musicians and vocalists.
- Maintain the schedule of musicians, vocalists, and AV volunteers.
- Schedule qualified alternate leadership when away.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ seeking to know, love and serve him.
- Experience in leading worship, vocalists, and musicians.
- A creative edge in the use of music and multi-media technology.
- Track record of success as a team builder, motivating, encouraging and empowering others.
- Strong vocal skills.
- Proficiency in playing piano and/or guitar with the ability to lead while playing.
- Familiarity with ProPresenter, Keynote, PowerPoint, and Planning Center is preferred.
- Ability to lead worship and engage a diverse congregation of seekers and believers.
- Minimum of 1 year of contemporary worship leadership experience.
- This person must be in sync with the mission and values of Hillside Church (see hillsidemarin.org for details) and be fully engaged in the life of the church.
Terms of Employment:
- The Worship Director will report to the Executive Pastor.
- This position is expected to take approximately 10 hours per week and will be compensated at a weekly rate of $250 to $300 depending on experience.
- The position includes two weeks of paid vacation to be taken as approved by the Executive Pastor. The Worship Director will be expected to arrange for volunteers to cover required duties.
- No vacation is to be taken during Holy Week or Christmas.
For more information or to apply send a résumé, one or two links to aduio or video demo files, and an introductory email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Indy North Campus Worship PastorNorthview Church
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- October 26
Worship PastorVentura Missionary Church
- Ventura, California
- October 26
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Assistant Worship Leader / Youth PastorONEeighty Church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
Hillside Church of Marin
Hillside is a diverse group of people from all across Marin County. Some have been Christians for years; others are trying to decide if they even believe in a God. There are a lot of families and lots of kids at Hillside, but what most people notice when they visit us are the smiles! What you won’t find at Hillside is a bunch of people pretending to be perfect with a holier-than-thou attitude. This is a group of people becoming, a group of people who find hope, meaning and joy in the person and the work of Jesus.