The Children’s Ministries Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry at Calvary Bible Church. Specifically,
the Children’s Ministries Director is responsible for Sunday School (Nursery-5th grade), AWANA, VBS, and Early Childhood area.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
• Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in the faith.
• Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
• Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of Calvary Bible Church.
• Proven expertise in administration.
• Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
• Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
• Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
• Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
• Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
• Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
• Proven ability to achieve results.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To provide leadership to the Children’s Ministries (CM) team:
- Helps to develop and implement the vision for children’s ministries in collaboration with the Leadership Team and Elders.
- Provides strategic leadership and planning initiatives for CM staff.
- Sets direction and trains CM staff and volunteers.
- Offers pastoral care and encouragement of CM staff and volunteers.
- Develops processes necessary for effective CM operations (e.g.: check-in).
- Responsible for CM budget and financial oversight.
- Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum.
- Develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed.
- Responsible for all staffing of CM (including training).
- Manage communications between ministries that interact with CM.
- Develop and implement all safety and security processes for CM in cooperation with the church’s operational staff and Deacons.
- Oversee and implement all programming for CM (primarily for Sunday School [Nursery-5th]).
- Coordinate family events for CM parents and families.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree required in educational or children’s areas
• Five years commensurate experience in volunteer or vocational leadership (bachelor degree in education will count towards two years of experience due to formal training involvement)
• Reports to Senior Pastor
• Oversight and direction of Children’s Ministries staff
• Works closely with all areas of ministries within Church