Ridge Point Community Church exists to be used by God
to intentionally bring lost people to full life in Jesus Christ
Title: Life Groups Pastor
Position Summary: Developing disciples is what Ridge Point Community Church is about and the heart of our strategy is Life Groups. Ridge Point follows a simple church model that specifically defines a discipleship path for equipping the fellowship
to grow into Christ likeness and live missionally for the purpose of growing God’s kingdom. Ridge Point focuses around three core ministry path areas; the weekend experience, life groups, and partnerships. Each connects and relies on the other to meet ministry
objectives. This is a multi-campus ministry that serves over 4,000 adults throughout a weekend, more information can be found at ridgepoint.org.
Reporting Relationships: The Life Groups Pastor will report to the Executive Pastor. The Family Ministries Pastor, Care and Support Pastor, Life Groups Coordinator, and other possible Adult Ministry Leaders will report to the Life Groups
Function and Strategy: Align all life group ministries in a common direction, consistent with the mission, vision and core values of Ridge Point Community Church. Provide dynamic, visionary leadership to empower and equip life groups for
the purpose of equipping the body to make disciples through a defined ministry path.
Hours: Full-time, consistent presence on weekends required with occasional evening hours
- Oversee the alignment of adult and family ministry (k-12, college) life groups to ensure that discipleship and missional living are fully integrated within the defined ministry path.
- Passionately communicate vision for engaging faith community members to volunteer and lead in life group activities.
- Provide a bridge from the Rooted experience into Life Groups for our faith community members to continue their transformational journey
- Oversee the care and support of the fellowship which includes but not limited to pastoral care (i.e. visitation, weddings, funerals, etc.), addiction recovery services, and financial mentoring classes.
- Strategically partner with the weekend experience pastor and the movement pastor to ensure intentional and measurable transitions along the ministry path.
- Develop and implement strategies to continually monitor and improve the health of life groups; intentionally growing participants spiritually, relationally, and missionally for the purpose of making disciples.
- Oversee the Life Groups budget, which includes adult groups, family ministry (K-college), and care and support.
- Equip and empower life group leaders to live missionally, cultivate healthy life groups, deal with conflict and offer care and support for one another.
- Embrace the core values of life groups, which would include times of prayer, biblical study, evangelism, and service.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ that results in a life lived in obedience to the will of God as described in the Bible
- A passion for people with commitment to enhancing the community experience at Ridge Point
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and empower volunteer leaders in healthy ways which promote their spiritual growth
- Visionary leader; forward thinker; self-directed
- Responsible self-management that reveals genuine servant-hood, faith-centeredness, and spiritual stability; willing to be accountable to the Executive Pastor
- Excellent communication and listening skills – ability to consistently encourage and support others
- Genuine servant leader with eagerness to release volunteers and see them succeed
- Effective written and verbal communicator who consistently encourages and supports others
- Spiritual gifts of leadership, administration and teaching
- Demonstrated willingness to continue learning; teachable spirit
- Beliefs consistent with Ridge Point’s “Statement of Belief”
- Member or willing to become a member of Ridge Point Church within 6 months of employmen
- Preferred three years experience in successfully leading life group ministry in growing church environment
- Preferred three years of proven ability to develop, lead, and motivate volunteer teams
- B.A. or equivalent experience required
Application Deadline is Monday, July 30, 2013. Please go to http://www.ridgepoint.org/home/employment/ for application & more information or email
firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.