Mission of the Position:
The music director is responsible for providing the leadership in the area of music. He/she should be able to work with volunteers of varying skill and experience levels, and be well versed in a broad scope of hymns and spiritual songs. The music director should possess strong musical abilities and have experience in choral conducting and also possesses a musical repertoire that would allow him/her to improvise as occasions may demand.
A committed Christian who is deepening his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ and modeling this to others.
- Must have Music/Choir Director experience.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of musical styles and the ability to teach these varying styles to the choir.
- Possess effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Act as a Spiritual Leader for the choir.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary Function of Position: To work with the choir and congregation to assure the success of a worshipful music ministry.
- Direct the choir during weekly choir practice on Wednesday evenings (plus additional times identified by special needs) and direct the choir and congregation during our Sunday 9:15 am Traditional Worship service.
- Lead and develop the spiritual and musical growth of hand-bell choir.
- Select, prepare, and provide appropriate hand bell music for worship services and special services.
- Conduct all rehearsals and performances of the hand-bell choir.
- Direct and lead and provide oversight to youth choir.
- Conduct practices for youth choir, coach and guide youth in singing techniques.
- Take initiative by being creative in the development of major musical events, i.e. Christmas Cantata, Christmas Eve service, and Easter service.
- Collaborate with the Pastor by selecting choral music that reflects the theme and message for each Sunday service.
- Performance and celebration with special choir selections or programs of music is encouraged from time to time for the promotion of choral worship and the general spiritual health of the congregation. Arrangements for special soloists, accompanists or instrumentalist will be made by the choir director.
- The music director will be responsible for the choir’s appearance, sound and delivery.
- The director will be responsible for recruiting new choir members throughout the year from the overall church body of Christian community.
- Purchase choral music and supplies, while staying within the annual budget.
- The music director shall perform the duties of the position in a cordial and cooperative manner with the Pastor, Staff, Congregation, and members of the choir.
- Perform all other duties related to music as assigned by Pastor.
- Broad, comprehensive musical knowledge
- Experience in choral conducting
- Spiritual/theological knowledge
- Strong faith in Christ
Qualified candidates should send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of MusicOur Savior Lutheran Church
- Livermore, California
- September 25
Student and Children's Worship PastorGrace Point Church
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- September 24
Contemporary Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church
- LaGrange, Georgia
- September 23
Director of Music MinistryLiving Christ Lutheran Church
- Arlington Heights, Illinois
- September 23
The Director of MusicFirst Baptist Church
- Staunton, Virginia
- September 22
New Albany Presbyterian Church
300 member congregation led by Pastor David Milroy. Currently there are two services: Traditional starts at 9:15 a.m. and dismissed at 10:15 a.m. Second service (acoustic) starts at 11:15 a.m. and typically out by 12:15 p.m. Our Mission: New Albany Presbyterian Church exists to glorify God through lives changed by Jesus Christ! Our newly build church is located at the corner of Harlem and Johnstown Road, New Albany, Ohio. More...