This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Music
First Baptist Church Brunswick
Brunswick, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 11/30/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
First Baptist Church of Brunswick, Georgia is seeking an experienced, ordained Minister of Music who desires to serve others in the excellence of Christ. FBC Brunswick is a growing, dynamic church committed to reaching the lost for Jesus Christ.
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW "HOW TO APPLY" INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
The church offers a 9:00 am contemporary service and a 10:30 am blended/traditional service, as well as Sunday evening and Wednesday evening services. The Minister of Music will serve as worship leader for the 10:30 blended/traditional service and most evening services, and will direct and/or oversee all aspects of a comprehensive music program for adults, youth, and children, including choirs, worship orchestra, and other vocal and instrumental groups.
Interested candidates must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in music and experience as a music/worship leader. Training from an accredited, evangelical seminary is highly desirable.
Other required qualifications include:
• A passion for God and His kingdom’s work
• Willingness to embrace the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message
• Commitment to serving as an ordained minister in the excellence of Christ
• Ability to lead a large choir and orchestra and to direct or oversee other musical groups
• Strong vocal ability and competence in playing one or more instruments
• A desire to be creative and innovative to inspire authentic, passionate worship
• A desire to utilize blended/traditional music for worship services
• Ability to arrange various elements of worship to complement the pastor’s message
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to relate well to all ages
• Ability to work in cooperation with a large staff and in support of the vision of the Senior Pastor
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and a resume that demonstrates the applicant’s ability to meet the required qualifications. A DVD may be required of final candidates. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. The cover letter and resume may be submitted by mail or by e-mail to:
First Baptist Church
Attn: Cynthia Gressel
708 Mansfield Street
Brunswick, GA 31520