The Pastor/Minister of Family Life serves the church by growing community among all generations through worship, education, fellowship and outreach, with particular responsibility to ministering to emerging generations and their families.
The Minister of Family Life will:
- Develop and oversee programming appropriate to children, youth, young adults, and families with children, and lead such programming as appropriate.
- Recruit, equip, and support members to participate in leading this programming.
- Serve as point person for outreach efforts, particularly to young adults and families with school-aged children.
- Recruit, equip, and support St. Paul members to participate in these outreach efforts.
- Serve as a resource for Deacons in developing and maintaining materials and practices which welcome newcomers to St. Paul Church.
- Oversee Life Group (small group) ministry, through recruiting, training, and supporting group leaders, and helping to birth new groups.
- Work with Elders, Deacons, and Church Council, as necessary for the fulfillment of primary responsibilities and to equip them in their roles.
- Work with Senior Pastor, Director of Music, Pastoral Intern, and other ministry staff to coordinate efforts and provide cohesion between ministries.
- Support Senior Pastor and Deacons in pastoral care, as needed and appropriate.
- Participate in leading worship services as needed and appropriate.
The candidate we seek will be an active, dynamic disciple of Jesus Christ with strong communication skills, proficiency with current technologies and social networking, a team builder, capable of leadership development, event planning, and gifted in relational
Interested parties should submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org