DIRECTOR OF YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT MINISTRIES
REPORTS TO: PASTOR / YOUTH MINISTRY TEAM
EMPLOYMENT CONCERNS: PERSONNEL COMMITTEE
The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry must profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and live a life in obedience to him. This person is responsible for studying, teaching and preaching the Word of God to the youth and young adults at Chestnut Level
Presbyterian Church. The ministry will concentrate on the unique concerns of the youth and young adults of the church. The director will meet with, pray with, educate and counsel the youth and young adults of our church.
- Lead weekly evening youth groups (grades 6-8 and 9-12).
- Conduct personal ministry with the youth; recruiting youth and discipling youth by encouraging their involvement in the youth program through Bible study and a daily walk with God.
- Attendance at school, sporting, and community events of youth.
- Communicate with the congregation and the youth about the youth program and activities through the church newsletter and bulletin and through announcements at the Sunday morning worship service.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings of the Youth Ministry Team and attend Session meetings as requested.
- Attend Sunday school and worship services. Participate in leading Sunday morning worship on a monthly basis; preach at least twice a year.
- Assist in leading young adult Bible study once a week.
- Coordinate young adult activities through the year.
Responsibilities involving close cooperation with the Youth Ministry Team (YMT):
- Develop a working calendar of youth activities and provide the youth and parents with a monthly calendar of events.
- Plan and implement a regular summer youth program including mission trips.
- Preview and discuss planned curriculum topics for the youth program at monthly YMT meetings.
- Plan occasional projects, activities and/or special events throughout the year as appropriate.
- Recruit additional youth leaders as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by YMT and Senior Pastor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- This is a full-time salaried position, approximately 40-50 hours a week. Medical insurance provided by Chestnut Level Presbyterian Church.
- This is a minimum 12 month position, with possibility of it becoming a permanent position.
- Two weeks paid vacation, including two Sundays.
Send resume to email@example.com