PURPOSE: Empowered by the Holy Spirit, the purpose of the La Cañada Presbyterian Church is to invite people to follow Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord, engage them in Christian community, and equip them to worship and serve God in the church and in the world.
Job Title: Infant Care Center Director
Employment Status: Full-time / Exempt
Reports To: Associate Pastor of Family Ministry
PURPOSE: The Director is responsible for the administration of the comprehensive Infant Care Program, which provides for the physical mental and social welfare of each child in a developmentally appropriate manner. The Director will teach in the classroom when necessary. The Director shall also be responsible for promoting the professional growth and development of the staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that the Center conforms to all health, safety and licensing regulations
• Represents LCPC in all inquiries from Federal, State, and local inspection agencies.
• Keep accurate records that pertain to the administration and operation of the Center.
• Establish a framework for admittance and enrollment of children into the program in accordance with guidelines established by the session of LCPC.
• Maintain current knowledge and information about developments in the field of early childhood education.
• Plan the yearly calendar of the Center.
• Maintain an active role in early childhood professional and advocacy organizations.
• Serve as a member of La Canada Presbyterian Church’s Ministry Training Team.
• Operate the Center within budget
• Collect fees and tuition.
• Work in partnership with church financial administrator in accounting for monies collected by center
• Purchase supplies and equipment
• Ensure the maintenance, upkeep and function of an orderly and attractive facility.
• Regularly reports to the Board on status of the budget and recommends tuition changes, as required.
Space and Equipment:
• Plan for equipment and maintenance of indoor and outdoor areas
• Maintain a current inventory of equipment and supplies
• Replace equipment and supplies as necessary
• Arrange for repairs as necessary.
Program Development and Implementation
• Interview parents of prospective students.
• Enroll and oversee orientation of children into program
• Present an ongoing parent resource and referral program.
• Familiarize parents with school policies.
• Recruit and hire staff, as set down by the Personnel Committee
• Evaluate and manage work performance of staff.
• Coordinate staff schedules and placement.
• Plan and implement a program for professional growth of staff members.
• Visit all classrooms on a regular basis to ensure that classes are in compliance with local, State and Federal regulations.
• Recommend job description changes or modifications to the Personnel Committee.
• Schedule and facilitate regular staff meetings.
Limits of Authority:
The Infant Care Center Director serves at the will of the Session of LCPC and is managed as directed by Session. Recommendations related to dispensation of scholarships, major facility changes, general policy changes and major equipment purchases shall be considered and approved through those structures as determined by the Session. Adjustments to compensation and personnel policy changes require the approval of the Personnel Committee.
The Infant Care Center Director:
• Must be committed to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
• Must meet the educational, personal and health requirements specified by the state of California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
• Must have a minimum of Bachelors Degree. A major in Early Childhood Education is preferred.
• Must have at least two years of full-time administrative experience in an early childhood program.
• Must be computer literate with proficiency in MS Word for Windows, Excel, Publisher and have the ability to learn other programs as needed.
• Must possess good relationship building skills and work well with children and adults alike.
• Must present himself/herself in professional manner.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Missionary-English Teacher in JapanShukugawa Bible Church
- Nishinomiya-shi, Hyogo
- December 7
Director of Children's MinistryNewsong Los Angeles Covenant Church
- Culver City, California
- December 7
Worship/Young AdultGod's Family Church
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Pastor/Director of Youth MinistryThe Bible Chapel
- McMurray, Pennsylvania
- December 7
Children's MinisterChrist Pacific Church
- Huntington Beach, California
- December 7
La Canada Presbyterian Church
Empowered by the Holy Spirit, the Purpose of the La Cañada Presbyterian Church is to invite people to follow Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord, engage them in Christian community and equip them to worship and serve God in the church and in the world. More...