This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Eagle Heights Church
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
Date Posted: 11/29/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ; requirements set forth in 1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-16; Godly character; ministerial degree preferred but not required (Bible training is necessary); love for youth from all walks of life; demonstrated computer skills and use of standard office software required; strong communication skills and ability to work well with parents as well as youth; financial integrity; ability to work as a team player; gifts of leadership and teaching; and demonstrated experience in building and growing ministries in medium to larger churches preferred.
To lovingly train and support the youth in godliness, while honoring and supporting family; teaching the youth to passionately follow after Christ; disciple, disciple, disciple (live the life; walk the talk); to join the Eagle Heights’ Church vision of connecting the unconnected youth of our community by equipping our youth to be ambassadors for Christ; allowing opportunities for them to invite the unconnected; lead and train adult volunteers and youth interns.
Reports To: Executive Pastor
Position Type: Salaried/Exempt; Full-Time (40 + hours per week)
Pay Rate: Negotiable/Benefits
1. Plan Sunday morning ministry; prepare and teach lessons; creatively prepare videos, games, testimonies, drama and music.
2. Oversee and coordinate youth ministry teams; music, setup, sound, outreach, drama, video, snacks, etc.
3. Plan and prepare midweek discussion, music, and activities.
4. Recruit, train, and shepherd student servant leaders.
5. Counsel and listen to the needs of the youth.
6. Attend practices, tryouts, concerts, plays, games, etc. (need to be somewhat flexible with hours, especially in the summer when youth are out of school).
7. Have regular communication with parents through meetings, newsletter and other methods.
8. Plan, lead, and administrate trips and activities that enhance student leadership and outreach.
9. Plan, organize, and lead mission opportunities.
10. Plan and publish semester calendars.
11. Plan and implement vision and goals for students.
A final offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of drug and background screening and six month probationary period. No phone calls. Accepting copies of resumes and cover letters (please send to firstname.lastname@example.org) until December 31, 2008 and then the review and selections will begin.