This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 11/26/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
Sojourn Church is looking for a loving, free-spirited, entrepreneurial type person to help start a different kind of Kids/Family ministry in a different kind of church for the benefit of a great community here in Charlotte, NC. lf you are the "religious" type, don't bother, we aren't about religion, we're about truly loving and accepting people where they are. We are looking to create something that is free from religion and all the life sapping rules that religion brings. We are seeking the joy-filled life that Jesus came to show us. We don't call ourselves Christians , we are Christ-followers...period!!! We are a group of imperfect people who are striving to live the Jesus-life and describe ourselves as a loving community where people feel welcomed and accepted to come as they are in their own journey without feeling pressure, shame or guilt. Also this person must embrace our heart and vision for reaching into a broken generation of people searching for truth and love.
This church plant is located in Huntersville, a Charlotte suburb, which is one of the fastest growing communities in the country. The area has seen over 140% growth in the past few years; mainly from people from other parts of the country. The average age is from 33-36 and is composed mainly of the emerging, post-christian culture. The person must be creative, and very energetic. They must also be able to develop a children's/family ministry from scratch with minimal direction.
Were looking for someone who is able to raise their salary through support (or is able to live on one spouses’ income, or be bi-vocational for now). Look, we wish the salary were more right now and it WILL be in the future, if the right person comes (and that’s the only one who will). If so, we are confident that we will reach our goals during the next year and it will reflect in your salary.
What are the benefits?
• Were assembling a great team who genuinely love one another and are committed to living out life together
• The working environment is relaxed with tons of freedom to do what you want (and did l mention you get to work from home?)
• One of the fastest growing communities in the country
• Health insurance (once funds are available)
• 2 weeks of vacation from the get go -- but you can’t take it after you’ve only been here a week or two
• A "grace filled environment” (no perfect people allowed)
• Free meals for your birthday
• An occasional free coffee or soft drink
• Flexible office schedule -- if you are getting your work done (if not then it’s very rigid)
• Nice e-mails when you do good things, as well as pats on the back
• Messages that won’t leave you sleepy -- most of the time
• Free parking space on Sunday’s (you can choose from among hundreds in the lot)
Ok, you’re probably trying to decide it we are mentally insane or if we know exactly what we are doing--and you’re right. Question is: Are you the right fit for us? E-mail us and we can try to figure that out together. E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Be creative.