Looking for an Exciting NEW Opportunity in a Local Mission Field? Do you love meeting people and have the opportunity to think "Outside the Box"? New Creation Church is looking for mission-minded individuals who love to work with the
community and lead in small groups. In partnership with GOLDMARK Property Management on-site at one of their Apartment Communities, the Idealife Team will work to increase resident retention, create community and enhance property appeal. In addition, we
are looking for a Small Groups Leader to serve as the primary point person of all Idealife Teams as well as leader of Groups at New Creation Church.
The Idealife Team will strive to meet four expectations:
- Leave Positive Impressions
- Involve Residents by Socially Connecting with Them
- Facilitating Relationships
- Enhance Resident Retention
The following are some examples of the Idealife Team expectations:
- Idealife will personally welcome each new resident into the community and assess their move in experience to improve with quality assurance.
- Idealife will determine residents’ needs and interests in order to cultivate friendships by conducting a brief, casual interview with each resident.
- Create opportunities to give back to the community with resident involvement.
- Idealife will care for residents by identifying and addressing needs surrounding major life events such as the birth of a baby, loss of a loved one, job changes, familial status change, etc. These major life transitions can affect the decision of a resident
- Idealife may also find ways to connect with the maintenance and management staff thereby creating less staff turnover.
- Partner with management in keeping the apartment community clean and beautiful by raising awareness to residents and assisting the staff in maintaining clean grounds and common areas.
- Visit each resident prior to renewal (60-90 days in advance of lease expiration) to uncover any issues that might put the renewal at risk.
- Idealife will conduct a minimum of 3 resident events each month to include a variety of activities such as:
- Kids activities (Fun Fridays, movie night, Back to school bash, Easter Egg Hunt, coloring contests, etc.)
- Breakfast on the go
- Pool party, Holiday party, Halloween party, etc.
- Educational/life skills seminars (parenting seminar, H&R Block free tax consultations, financial budget planning, etc.)
Responsibilities & Duties for Groups Director at New Creation
1. Develop a vision and strategy for groups at NCC.
2. Train and recruit group leaders.
3. Work with the Pastor on the selection / development of group curriculum.
4. Lead your own home group.
5. Work to involve Men’s & Women’s ministries to incorporate them into the overall ministry strategy.
6. Attend Staff and leadership meetings monthly.
7. Attend the annual leadership retreat.
8. Report special needs to the Pastor.
1. Called to model the Christian life in an apartment community
2. Have a mature Christian walk
3. Actively serve at New Creation Church as Groups Leader
4. Enjoy meeting new people and planning social activities
5. Have three years work experience or a college degree
6. Commit to serve for at least 24 months
- Expectation for Idealife is for 20 hours a week of serving and connecting to residents. Time can be split between two Idealife members (couple or two singles).
- Expectation for Groups Leader is 6-10 hours per week doing ministry and/or preparing for ministry and 1-2 hours per week participating in meetings and training.
- Idealife Compensation is a free apartment for the 24-month commitment. For the Groups Director, there will be a monthly stipend.
Pastor Jay Newland
New Creation Church