Director of Outreach
Church: Bethany United Methodist Church
Job title: Director of Outreach
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Type of position: Salary
Hours: Full Time
This position is a key member of the leadership team with the responsibility of taking people from the market place to full participation in the church. Bethany is one of the 100 largest Methodist Churches in the country with a passion for reaching the un-churched. Please partner with us as we strive to Love, Obey and Proclaim Jesus Christ. (www.Bethanyumchurch.com)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up an assimilation system that takes people from the market place to full participation in the church.
- Respond to every first time visitor who signs in with 24-48 hours and reports the results to lead pastor.
- Follow up on first time visitors to insure they return for a second visit.
- Sets up fishing pools (social events under 100 where people come together, both members and non-members, and where your spiritual leaders and small group people go fishing for potential converts or group members).
- Keep the issue of reaching the unchurched before the staff and every program attempted by the church.
- Work closely with the Director of Lay Ministries to coordinate internal and external programs and communications.
- Sets up monthly or weekly servant evangelism ministries.
- Oversees and insures that marketing is done around key times of the year or key sermon series.
- Manages and creates external communications and messaging using all media - print, video, and web, including web site.
- Manages advertising and media outlet relationships.
- Implements and moderates social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter and other public or private on-line communities.
- Create ways to increase the level of awareness of Bethany Church within the community
- Develop, disciple and multiply leaders
- Nights & Weekends required
- Other duties as assigned
Work experience requirements:
- 3 – 5 years leadership and management experience
- 3 – 5 years marketing or advertising experience
- 3 – 5 years of experience with churches greater than 1500 members
- 3 – 5 years of church staff or lay leadership experience
- College degree or seminary degree is required.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be a mature growing follower of Jesus Christ
- Excellent relational and interpersonal communication skills
- Passionate and high energy leader
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Team Player
- Computer literate and solid user of PC/software
Please email resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PastorOne God Ministry
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- March 23
Director of Ministries and OperationsQuest United Methodist Church
- Urbana, Illinois
- March 23
Hinsdale Lead PastorWillow Creek Community Church
- Hinsdale, Illinois
- March 19
Director of Community Ministries – Non-profit6 Stones
- Bedford, Texas
- March 19
Church PlanterAbundant Life Baptist
- Lees Summit, Missouri
- March 17
Bethany United Methodist Church
We are an evangelical congregation, deeply committed to our individual faith and to one another. We strive to pursue God-glorifying worship, faithful teaching of the Bible, and loving witness and outreach to our community and the world.More...