Our client is a Christian church operating as New Mexico’s largest homeless shelter, offering emergency and short-term essentials such as food, clothing, counseling, transportation, shelter, and life skills training to homeless women, children, and families throughout the Albuquerque metro area.
- Identify prospective major donors and determine capacity for making a major gift to the ministry ($5,000 and above), under the direction of the Chief Development Officer.
- Develop and execute strategies for cultivating donor relationships and soliciting gifts.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with a portfolio of approximately 125-150 prospective and current major donors.
- Maintain a working knowledge of fundraising best practices; attend seminars and conferences annually for personal development.
- Maintain records of all development activities, donor contact and cultivation efforts and demographic information; follow established system policies and procedures.
- Minimum of two years management-level and hands-on, full-time paid fundraising experience with charity that has income of over $3,000,000.
- Prefer Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business or marketing, or equivalent experience.
- Prefer CFRE certified or close to certification.
- Bible training or knowledge an asset.
- Prefer a committed believer who regularly attends Bible-believing church.
To submit a cover letter and resume, or for a full job description, please email
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.