To provide effective leadership and oversight for all ministries for youth and college students. To ensure that the vision of Crossing is understood and lived out through the Youth Program. The Crossing’s vision is to ignite hearts, change lives and impact
- Responsible for all facets of youth program, including message development, multimedia strategies, volunteer supervision, follow-up, and special event execution.
- Lead and oversee the youth small group discipleship program. Elements include: recruiting, motivating and training qualified leaders to disciple students in a small group setting.
- Personal development in the areas of: leadership and management skills, studying current youth trends, communication, and organizational skills.
- To raise up student leaders and to provide them with opportunities for service.
- Recruit, train and mentor adult leaders for the work of the ministry.
- Contact students on a regular basis through visitation, phone calls, letters and emails.
- Plan and execute special events ( e.g.- retreats, mission trips, special guest nights and concerts) Create and maintain a parent ministry to include Sunday school, training events, and personal consulting.
- Active participation in the staff prayer and staff meetings.General pastoral staff duties as assigned
Calling and motivation: Passion for God and youth
Education: Preferred BA in youth ministry, but not required
Experience: 2-5 years in a church at least ½ the size of WCUMC
Theology: Pentecostal/Charismatic Theology
Special skills: Highly relational
Motivated to raise up leaders
Ability to communicate to teenagers and college age