Graphic Designer / Videographer
for Highland Park Presbyterian Church
Founded in 1926, Highland Park Presbyterian Church is a missions-driven, multi-generational and multi-cultural congregation that believes in the inspired, infallible Word of God and strives to live like Christ to transform the world. Feeling called to worship
our risen Lord through the service of our minds, we celebrate God’s gifts of intellect, art, science, music and literature. And using our gifts and resources, we seek to glorify the Lord through excellence in worship, discipleship, building community and blessing
others locally and globally. To learn more about HPPC, please visit www.hppc.org.
Position Title: Graphic Designer, Communications Ministry
Location: Dallas, at Highland Park Presbyterian Church
Job Status: Full time, 40 hours a week
Experience: A degree in Graphic Design or a related field and 1-3 years of design experience is preferred.
- Creation and publication of projects for various mediums, including: weekly announcement pieces, monthly periodicals, brochures, banners, newspaper advertisements, web-friendly graphics, Facebook advertisements, various other channels. This will be done
in conjunction with other team members.
- Some motion graphics and video editing experience. While the primary function of this position is print/web design, we need someone who can create simple videos and motion graphics on occasion.
- Desire and ability to work creatively in a team-setting.
- Create original designs for events, collaborating with other members of the Communications Ministry and other departments.
- Maintain the brand of Highland Park Presbyterian Church by creating graphics that fit into the established visual identity.
- Involvement in the life and worship of Highland Park Presbyterian Church
- A passion to reach people for Christ and to help mobilize congregation and community to help make a difference in our community and world through high quality communications.
- Strong graphic, typography, and print design skills.
- Skilled in video editing and motion graphics.
- Advanced knowledge of: Adobe Photoshop CS4+, Adobe Illustrator CS4+, Adobe InDesign CS4+, Mac OS X, preparing print-ready artwork. Intermediate knowledge of video editing and motion graphics software of your choice.
- A strong portfolio that showcases quality print and digital work.
- Not required but nice to have: Photography skills, writing skills, HTML, Content Management Systems
How to Apply:
- Email your resume to Zack House (Director of Communications) at email@example.com and Darby Scebold (Art Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The subject of the email should be “Your Name - Graphic Design Position”
- Attach your resume as a PDF
- Attach your portfolio as a PDF (file size limit: 5 mb) or include a link to your online portfolio
- Include your cover letter in the body of the email.