Children’s Ministry Director
Jackson Free Methodist Church
Job Description: The Jackson Free Methodist Church is an intergenerational congregation with approximately 700 in weekly attendance that is passionate about growing in our love for God and love for others. We desire to engage with people
no matter where they are on their journey with Jesus and want to help people see that real life happens when we learn to worship God, know his Word, plug into community, and compassionately care for the least and the lost. We are a church on the move and
are seeing people come to Christ almost weekly. Because we value all ages at JFM, we are looking for a Kid’s Ministry Director that will work to develop teams of people that can effectively lead and implement an age specific ministry plan that is creative,
fun and enthusiastic and will help children from birth through grade 5 grow in their love for God and love for others. Candidates must have strong team building skills and a desire to work with parents by engaging them in their child’s discipleship process.
- Must be firmly committed to the Lord and must be in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must have experience building a Children’s Ministry Team.
- Must have an undergraduate degree or ministry experience equivalent to, and a desire to grow and improve as a leader.
- Must be called to Kids Ministry and have at least 3-5 years of ministry experience.
- Must agree with and practice lifestyle standards consistent with the Free Methodist Denomination as a whole, and the Jackson Free Methodist Church specific.
- Must have a passion to see Kids grow in their Love for God and Love for others.
- Will provide general oversight and strategic leadership for both weekend and midweek ministries and activities.
- Will work with a leadership team to create an atmosphere that is warm, creative, fun, and welcoming for all children.
- Will oversee the leadership of a curriculum that helps children learn, understand, and apply God’s Word at all ages.
- Will create a system where parents are regularly communicated with as to what their children are being taught and provide resources that will help families reinforce what their kids are learning throughout the week.
- Will regularly give kids the opportunity to accept Jesus into their lives as their forever friend and communicate that decision with parents.
- Will be available to shepherd and provide pastoral care to kids and parents when needed.
- Will participate in services and activities outside of Kid’s Ministry at JFM and be active in the overall life of the church.
- Will help create an enthusiastic and energized volunteer team. Will make sure all ministry areas are fully staffed with gifted and capable leaders.
- Will clearly define ministry needs and build a team of leaders based on that ministry model.
- Will have a plan that actively and continually brings new leaders into the Children’s Ministry.
- Will be responsible for training, equipping, communicating, and vision casting for all volunteers, and will work with an advisory team of coaches to help set the direction for JFM’s Kid’s Ministry.
Please submit resume and cover letter with three references to email@example.com
Jackson Free Methodist Church
Attn: Pastor Jason Engle
2829 Park Dr.
Jackson, MI 49203