The Gathering United Methodist Church is a growing, multi-site church that exists to create a Christian community that is compelling for new generations in St. Louis. We are currently seeking a full-time Discipleship Director to develop and maintain exceptional discipleship ministries for adults, as well as to oversee excellent family ministry and college-age ministry. An ideal candidate for this position will be highly-motivated, strategic, creative, and relational. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a dynamic environment that is constantly evaluating effectiveness and trying to serve God in greater and more meaningful ways.
Responsibilities of the Discipleship Director will include:
- Development and expansion of an adult discipleship process that moves people from being casual participants to people who are committed to the vision and mission of the church, engaged in the five shared practices, connected to the community, and continuing to deepen in their faith.
- Leadership of our small group ministry (CoreGroups). This includes strategic direction of the ministry, development of curriculum and tools, management of group logistics, support of the CoreGroup leadership team, recruitment and development of new CoreGroup leaders, and promotion of the ministry.
- Oversight of The Gathering’s Kids Ministry, Youth Ministry and College-Age Ministry, including supervision of the full-time directors of those ministries.
- Management of the entire ministry, including clear articulation of the vision and strategy of discipleship, goal-setting, budgeting, effective support of staff and volunteers, development of leaders, implementation of the ministry, and regular formal and informal evaluations.
- Helping to shape and communicate the theological vision of the church through teaching, preaching, writing, and leadership development.
- Is capable of recruiting, equipping, developing, and supporting leaders and other volunteers.
- Is capable of providing effective management of multiple full-time and part-time staff.
- Is able to think strategically about goals, outcomes, benchmarks, and best practices for ministry.
- Is willing to receive constructive feedback and is constantly cultivating a teachable spirit.
- Is comfortable and knowledgeable with different models of ministry and strives to provide ministry that is relevant, dynamic, and Christ-centered.
- Is comfortable collaborating with other staff to provide effective ministry at multiple locations.
- Must be personally growing in a relationship with Christ and able to lead others in that journey.
- Must be committed to The Gathering's vision, mission, and shared practices.
- Is comfortable and committed to the theology and practices of the United Methodist Church.
ABOUT THE GATHERING
The Gathering will create Christian community that is compelling for new generations of people in St. Louis.
To invite new people to becoming deeply committed followers of Christ.
We deepen our faith by following Christ through five shared practices:
- learning in small groups
- prayer & meditation
- service to the community
Check us out at gatheringnow.org. Applicants should email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PastorOne God Ministry
- Fairfax, Virginia
- December 8
Children's PastorChurch In The Son
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Fargo , North Dakota
- December 6
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
The Gathering United Methodist Church is a growing, multi-site church that exists to create a Christian community that is compelling for new generations in St. Louis. In 2006, group of mission-minded people, including Rev. Matt Miofsky, began to have conversations about how a new church might transform the City of St. Louis. Together, they worked to bring this vision to life, and invite new generations of people together to become deeply committed followers of Christ. The Gathering community shares five practices: worship, learning in s More...