WORSHIP CENTER JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Lighting Designer and Stage Technician
REPORTS TO: Worship Director
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for theatrical lighting for Worship Center events and for the design and implementation of various stage sets. Will also be responsible to provide general AVL support for events as needed.
SCHEDULE: Salaried position that requires flexible hours, including some nights and weekends, and will average about 45 hours/week. Includes all three services on three out of four weekends per month, with one day off during the week.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Degree or equivalent work experience in the field of theatrical lighting design.
Experience: Minimum 2 years lighting experience. Theatrical/Concert lighting experience preferred.
Knowledge of DMX, ART NET, Streaming ACN and Jans Vista, and Vectorworks or CADD software preferred. Basic audio and video knowledge/experience preferred. Boom lift experience (not afraid of heights).
Specific Abilities: Ability to function independently. Good time management. Utilize good judgment and problem-solving skills; good technical and multitask skills; a self-starter/self-motivator; is eager to learn and grow; is dependable, a quick learner, and is detailed; possesses good team-leadership and project management skills.
Provides direct oversight, maintenance, and repair of all Worship Center lighting equipment. This includes the main auditorium, children, and student areas, as well as developing new lighting systems to keep the department growing.Provides lighting designs and programming for all Worship Center events.Runs lights for weekend services three of four weekends monthly.Provides running of lights for other events as needed.Develop and maintain lighting budget.Builds a volunteer team to work with lighting and to provide coverage for various events as needed.Completes project list and performs other duties as assigned by the Worship Director.
Designs and implements various stage sets.Oversees stage crew and manages stage change-overs.Develop and maintain stage budgetAssist in audio and video department as needed.
Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.Live a lifestyle that reflects Biblical standards.Be a member of Worship Center, or willing to become a member.Attend worship services regularly and participate in the life of the church family.Participate in small group life.Tithe to the Worship Center.Fully embrace WC Staff Core Values.
WC STAFF CORE VALUES:
1. A growing relationship with Jesus
• Loving God and loving others is the core of who we are
• Staying grounded in God’s Word and filled with the Holy Spirit is the best gift we can give to each other and the church
• Be real, open, and humble; have a servant’s heart
• Integrity and character matter
• We live out what we say we believe and teach, e.g. the value of relationships, serving, tithing, generosity, etc.
3. Work hard and have fun!
• Enthusiastic, positive, faith oriented attitude
• Can-do, make it happen mindset
• Self-directed, motivated
• Don’t take ourselves too seriously
4. Honest communication with coworkers
• Believe-the-best is the default position
• Have each other’s backs; builds trust
• Don’t let conflict or disappointment go underground – resolve it, Matt 18:15
• We always bring our best
• We are resourceful and make the most of what we have
• Excellence honors God and inspires people
6. Volunteers rock!
• Serving our volunteers is a priority – “how can I help?”
• Engaging others is better than doing it myself
• We can’t do it without them!
7. People really, really matter
• We accept and love people right where they are
• We will do everything we can to reach people
• We will treat everyone with respect
• People are more important than policy
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive Director - Creative MinistriesHope Community Church
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- October 27
St. Mark's Church - Audio/Visual DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Burlington, North Carolina
- October 26
Worship Tech & IT DirectorLee's Summit Community Church
- Lee's Summit, Missouri
- October 25
Media/Visual ArtsOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 25
Director of Audio Visual ArtsManchester United Methodist Church
- Manchester, Missouri
- October 24
Worship Center church family has a distinct purpose in reaching people – to help individuals discover their destiny and what God is asking them to do. We do this by creating environments where people can experience God and and all He is, grow together in discipleship and in leadership, and serve our world. More...