Handi*Camp is one outreach of Handi*Vangelism Ministries International (HVMI),
a Christian missionary organization founded in 1973. Handi*Camp provides overnight Christian camping programs to over 150 campers with various physical, mental or multiple disabilties each summer using two rented camp facilities: Camp Sankanac in Spring City, PA (near Pottstown) and Malaga Camp, Newfield, NJ (near Vineland). HVMI is a multi-faceted ministry. Opportunities exist to also be involved in other outreaches of HVMI (besides Handi*Camp):
* BASIS - for bereaved parents and families
* Disability Training - supporting the church in disability ministry
* Discipleship Ministries - year round ministry opportunities with people with disabilities, people who are hospitalized, or people who live in residential facilities
* Grief Seminars - help for coping with loss
* International - HVMI Ghana ministries and other training ministries
* Minds Renewed - addressing mental health issues
* PIP - for parents of individuals with disabilities
* REST Ministries - for those who have experienced abuse, addictions, imprisonment
* Twilight Senior Ministries - for those in nursing homes Missionaries with HVMI are faith-supported for personal salary
(each person on the HVMI staff can attest how God faithfully provides through donations by individuals and churches each month!). Training and assistance is given to all new missionaries to help in establishing a team of prayer and financial supporters. HVMI funds provide reimbursement of ministry expenses for each HVMI missionary. HVMI is seeking a new Handi*Camp Nurse Manager
to oversee the health care of campers and staff members in our camping program, including supervising assistant nurses during each camp session.
This RN position could be full time or seasonal (if nurse has time available for pre-camp preparations - processing camper applications, preparing camper information for camp doctors and staff members, etc.).
It could allow for part-time nursing employment outside the ministry as well (home health care, school nurse, etc.).
You may request a detailed position description by contacting the DirectorTo Apply for this job please forward your Resume and Cover letter to the Director
Prayerfully consider joining the HVMI staff team. Check out our Handi*Camp Ministry Website Opportunities to Serve with H*VMI