To develop and oversee a Christ-centered children’s ministry (birth through sixth grade) dedicated to bringing children into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, moving them toward spiritual maturity and equipping them to use their spiritual gifts in service for Christ.
- Believer and follower of Jesus Christ as Savior who has a mature and vibrant faith as demonstrated by the Fruit of the Spirit.
- A heart, passion, calling, and gifting specifically for families and children.
- Can recruit and equip volunteer leaders in an intergenerational setting.
- Has demonstrated a commitment to teamwork.
- Possesses good communication and organization skills.
- Has a heart and the gift for teaching children and equipping others to teach children in a Biblical, gospel-centered manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
Supervisor: The Director of Children’s Ministries is under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor or his designee from the full-time staff.
Major areas of responsibility
- All children’s ministries up to and including 6th grade
- Church nursery
- Annual Vacation Bible School
- Regular fellowship opportunities for children through 6th grade and/or their families
- Regular Bible study program for the children
- Be a resource for parents
- Provide a community focus to programming when possible
- Recruit ministry leaders for each of the children’s ministries.
- Equip and spiritually encourage ministry leaders for each of the children’s ministries
- Develop a team approach and encourage team building with ministry volunteers
- Assist with conflict resolution if needed
- Maintain an effective communication network that will enable ministry volunteers to do their job effectively.
- Maintain healthy team relationships with pastors and staff through relationship building, weekly staff meetings, and other meetings as necessary.
- Supervise and support all volunteers.
- Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality
- Provide regular evaluation of all Children’s programs to pastoral staff.
- Purposefully support First Baptist Church of Doylestown’s defining characteristics of being incurably local, culturally relevant, and intergenerational.
- Provide managerial oversight for all children’s programs.
- Provide input to pastoral staff that helps develop and support a safe and secure environment and facility for children.
- Choose and implement a Biblical, gospel-centered curriculum, with relevant and interesting/fun materials, for all children.
- Encourage gospel-centered teaching intended to bring life change rather than merely informational teaching intended to bring about behavior modification.
- Plan for the regular discipleship of children.
- Encourage creativity at all levels of teaching.
- Provide teacher training i.e. curriculum and how to effectively teach children.
- Maintain a growing relationship with the Lord that includes regular prayer, worship, and reading of the Word.
- Continue to develop leadership gifts as well as an understanding of children and children’s ministry through on-going training, ministry networking and personal development
- Meet in a group setting with entire Pastoral staff for spiritual guidance and mentorship.
The Children’s Ministries Director is a 30 hour/week position with a competitive salary. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please do not apply through ChurchStaffing.)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Director of Children's MinistryMission Point Church
- Somers Point, New Jersey
- December 1
Anthem Kids DirectorAnthem Church
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- December 1