1. Supporting various institutional reform initiatives to bring about positive change in the systems and procedures of Kabul Municipality (KM), particularly relating to planning and plan implementation and city development control.
2. Provide training in Project Management expertise, equipping city planners and senior level Kabul Municipality management to take projects from idea to completion through sound and efficient planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, adjustment, and reprogramming techniques, patterned in conformance with the KM’s structure, organization, and processes.
3. Conduct assessment and evaluation of employees of Kabul Municipality and determine their level of competency in matters pertaining to project management, technology awareness and leadership abilities and prescribe the appropriate training to increase their capacities and efficiencies.
4. Determining which operational Areas (departments, offices, sections, teams, etc.) to concentrate the intervention in order to have the optimum impact on improving Kabul Municipality performance, while also appropriately establishing a framework to support the development of KM planning and policy capacity.
5. Assessing and identifying an appropriate balance between knowledge training and practical, “get-the-job done” activities on the on-the-job training
6. Identifying and managing the types and amounts of equipment, computers, software, plotters, and instruments that will be needed in the program, together with the relevant training – in this capacity the advisor will work with AIMS (Afghanistan Information Management Systems) to evaluate and train the designated candidates in Information Technology Awareness, specific applications and establishing an IT help desk.
7. Developing and applying training curricula, and determining how it can be best institutionalized into KM operations.
8. Identifying and fostering relevant institutional partnerships, where needed, which are appropriate to further training and capacity building efforts.
9. Identifying, assessing the value of, and facilitating participation in international exposure visits, workshops and seminars by key Kabul Municipality personnel.
10. Identifying how training will be coordinated so as not to interfere with regular staff work requirements and schedules.
11. Identifying how to assure that the substantive content of the training and the targeting of advisory services are driven by the Mayor's designated priorities and Areas most important to the future development and advancement of its programming capacity.
12. Advise in matters of organizational policy, systems and management of Human Resources.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
• Requires a bachelor's degree, MBA or certification in project management and at least 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Experience in project management training or adult education is a plus
• Experience in municipal policy development, adult education, project management and execution are desirable.
• Project and administrative experience in a cross cultural environment.
• Experience in underdeveloped countries, preferably Afghanistan.
• Preferable experience in Central/South Asia, or countries with predominant Muslim populations
• Experience with training/mentoring and capacity building of staff.
Personal Skills & Abilities:
• Christian leadership skills; ability to maintain a positive work environment with professionalism
• Strong teamwork and listening skills combined with excellent interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
• Ability to research, analyze, coordinate, & plan – both strategically and innovatively
• Ability to assess complex programs and situations rapidly and form accurate opinions
• Ability to respond practically and operate successfully in difficult field conditions
• Willingness to adopt the use of locally appropriate technologies
• Ability to be flexible, persistent and diplomatic and to gain respect among staff, local community leaders as well as local government ministries and donor organizations
• Excellent written and verbal English; aptitude for languages (willing to learn Dari would be advantageous)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorThe Meeting House
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Accounting SpecialistRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 18
Business ManagerGrace Community Church
- Fremont, Ohio
- January 18
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
Shelter for Life International
ShelterForLife (SFL) is an international Christian relief and development organization whose mission is to enable people affected by conflict and disaster to rebuild their communities and restore their lives. Since the beginning of 2000, SFL has impacted more than 1 million people in 5 disaster-stricken countries through shelter programs, infrastructure reconstruction and community development. SFL is presently serving in Afghanistan, Indonesia, Iraq, Pakistan, and Tajikistan. Previously we have served in Angola, Burundi, Honduras, India More...