STUDENT MINISTRIES PASTOR
Church and Community
Grace Point Church is associated with the Evangelical Free Church of America. The church is located in Adrian, Michigan (21,000 pop.) and in Lenawee County (100,000 pop.). Adrian is home to three colleges as well as public and private high, elementary and middle schools. According to the last census, the race profile for Adrian is: White – 73.6%; Hispanic – 18.8%; African American – 3.8%; Other 3.8%. The Grace Point campus sits on 60 acres on the north side of Adrian. Facilities include a main building housing a multi-purpose worship center as well as educational wings for adults and children. There is a separate facility located on campus dedicated to youth ministry. There are two worship services on Sunday to accommodate a congregation of approximately 500. Active ministries reach out to adults, children and youth throughout the week. We also reach out to the local community in several ways throughout the year. Our Vision: Where God and people are known and loved. Our Mission: To become like Jesus Christ and change the world. Our Authority: God’s Word; Our Commander and Lord: Jesus Christ; Our Command: Make disciples that make disciples (Matt. 28:18-20).
Grace Point places a high value on impacting the lives of students with the life-changing truths of God’s word. We are blessed to have a 7,000 sq. ft. youth facility (appropriately named “Common Ground”), in which we bring many different demographics together for the purpose of sharing God’s truth with every student who walks through the doors. We have a junior high group of 20-30 students and 8 volunteer leaders. Our senior high consists of 40-50 students and 7-9 volunteer leaders. Our students come from a mixture of Christian, home and public schools. Our youth groups are made up of Grace Point kids, teens who attend another church, and students who do not attend any church at all. Senior High youth ministry is held on Sunday nights and Junior High youth ministry is on Wednesday nights. Sunday School classes meet on Sunday mornings. Both our Junior and Senior High groups have worship teams made up of students. We are blessed with a supportive church body and desire to find the man that God has in mind for this important ministry.
The Student Ministries Pastor should understand and follow God’s desires for leadership in the church as outlined in 1Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9. This role must also be willing to serve within a team leadership structure. As with all those who have been called by God into ministry, this job can only be accomplished through the reliance on the Holy Spirit, the study of the Word and total dependence on God through prayer. The Student Ministries Pastor will work closely with and under the authority of the Lead Pastor and the Elder board as he assumes the following responsibilities:
Ministry (Grades 7-12)
- Take responsibility for the High School ministry and the training of volunteers for ministry roles.
- Provide leadership for and oversee the Junior High ministry using equipped and trained volunteers to perform various ministry functions.
- Develop, lead, and oversee Grace Point’s ministry of discipleship to youth. This would include the recruitment, oversight and training of youth ministry team members as they learn to disciple.
- Spend time on a regular basis with individuals and small groups of young people in order to mentor, build relationships and develop leaders.
- Develop and model a connecting ministry by equipping volunteers to attend school functions, dramas, concerts, sporting events, etc.
- Reach out to youth outside Grace Point through continued outreach efforts.
- Establish annual goals and objectives for youth ministry in cooperation with the youth ministry team.
- Maintain frequent communication with the church body as a whole, but particularly with the parents of youth. Provide training for parents as needed.
- Manage annual budget to reflect the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the church.
- Preserve, protect and proclaim the Word of God.
- Serve as an Elder of our church body.
- Be willing to serve within a team leadership structure.
- Be in agreement with the doctrine of Grace Point Evangelical Free Church.
- Be available to assist in general pastoral duties when needs arise, such as preaching, weddings, hospital visitation, funerals, etc.
- Oversee the stewardship of the Student Ministry Facility, Common Ground.
- Demonstrate a passionate, growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced by a vibrant prayer life, a heart for lost people, a love of God’s Word, and the fruit of the Spirit.
- Develop and maintain a commitment to sustained excellence and quality.
- Demonstrate the ability to study, interpret, and apply God’s word in a practical way.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and develop God’s people to be able to discover and use their God given gifts.
- Demonstrate a teachable spirit, a willingness to seek the counsel of others when needed and a submission to authority.
- A minimum two years experience (preferred) as Student Pastor.
- A Bachelors Degree in Youth Ministry/Christian Ministry/Theology.
- Compensation based on qualifications and experience.
- Christian HealthCare Ministries Program
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Student Ministries Pastor - 1759MinisterSearch
- Austin Area, Texas
- January 21
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Grace Point EFC
Grace Point Church is associated with the Evangelical Free Church of America. The church is located in Adrian, Michigan (21,000 pop.) and in Lenawee County (100,000 pop.). Adrian is home to three colleges as well as public and private high, elementary and middle schools. According to the last census, the race profile for Adrian is: White – 73.6%; Hispanic – 18.8%; African American – 3.8%; Other 3.8%. The Grace Point campus sits on 60 acres on the north side of Adrian. Facilities include a main More...