Chapelwood United Methodist, a 6,000+ member church in Houston, TX, is seeking a full-time Director of Communications and Ministry Technology. This person will manage a team of ten full- and part-time staff and multiple volunteers responsible for all internal
and external communications, including print, web, and other digital and social media, and worship technology support, across six worship communities. The successful candidate will have a clear vision of story-telling/brand management in church communications
and will champion emerging technologies, including print, web and other digital communications strategies, as tools in that effort. Initial work will include managing a major website rebuilding project to strengthen Chapelwood’s mission communication internally
and externally and expand the use of streaming media in outreach. Absolutely essential is the proven ability to envision, develop and implement communications and brand management strategies that support Chapelwood’s vision, mission, values, and discipleship
Essential job functions include:
1. Evaluate the effectiveness across all of our worship communities of Chapelwood’s communications strategies in telling God’s grace-story.
2. Demonstrate initiative and creativity regarding ministry strategy.
3. Recruit, train, nurture and guide Communications and Digital Outreach Ministry staff and volunteers.
4. Prepare and be accountable for the budget for Communications and Digital Outreach Ministries.
5. Adhere to Chapelwood’s “Staff Values Covenant” (expected behaviors) and “Staff Responsibilities Covenant” (core staff responsibilities).
6. Provide tactical and strategic direction to our Communications Staff Producers, who develop communications strategies with each ministry area.
7. Provide tactical and strategic direction to our Digital Outreach Ministry, including Chapelwood’s web-sites.
8. Identify, train and affirm Communications and Digital Outreach Ministry volunteers.
9. Stay abreast of current and future Communications and Digital Outreach Ministry trends to be able to recommend approaches that may be more effective in achieving our grace-embodying mission.
10. Enhance professional and spiritual growth through continuing education opportunities and professional memberships.
11. Maintain physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual health.
12. Pursue an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.