LEADERSHIP POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Minister of Students
Reports To: Minister of Education & Senior Adults
Date Prepared/Revised: January 2013
Responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive and balanced educational ministry for all Students (Grades 7-12) through programs, special ministries, and fellowship opportunities.
Possess a genuine love for students and exhibit the ability to relate to their everyday life situations. Ability to plan, organize, train, and supervise program and event leaders. Provide Christian counseling to both parents and students on contemporary
issues. A seminary degree is preferred. However, total ministerial experience will be considered.
Specific List of Responsibilities
• Work with the Student Leadership Team to implement a comprehensive Student
Ministry that fulfills the five purposes of the church: Worship, Fellowship, Evangelism, Ministry, and Discipleship under the umbrella of the education/discipleship ministry of the church
• Develop, implement, lead, and evaluate a comprehensive student education program.
• Develop and oversee a separate Middle School Ministry that targets the needs of our students.
• Be aware of and incorporate cutting edge approaches in Student Ministry designed to grow and mature students at Lakeside Baptist.
• Guide in the selection, enlistment, and training of teachers and leaders for the Student Ministry including the Senior High Ministry (Grades 9-12) and Middle School Ministry (Grades 7-8).
• Develop and formulate an annual budget for the Senior High and Middle School Ministries.
• Supervise the Associate Minister to Students as he directs the Middle School Ministry.
• Model a lifestyle that is honoring of Christ and personally evangelistic.
• Oversee the utilization of the Family Life Center in regards to hosting recreational events.
• Plan and lead evangelic and mission efforts for the Student Ministry.
• All other duties as assigned by the Minister of Education & Senior Adults.