Trinity United Methodist Church seeks a dynamic worship leader for its diverse weekend worship services.
This person will be responsible for planning worship, including recruiting, training, rehearsing and scheduling volunteer musicians for [re]novate, our postmodern, cutting-edge worship in our Life Center auditorium and our Modern Worship
service in the sanctuary. Some would describe this latter service as blended worship, others as Boomer-contemporary. Responsibilities will include participating with the worship planning teams for the services, working closely with the teaching pastors, planning
and carrying out worship set design, lighting and media. This person will also work closely with the Director of Traditional Worship Arts, any other worship leader colleagues, the Lead Pastor and other members of the pastoral staff.
This is a full-time position, but it can be shared between the right people, if needed.
Qualifications and Experience Needed
- Strong personal faith in Jesus Christ with an ability to express and share that faith.
- Strong commitment to Jesus Christ and his church.
- Dedication to being part of a staff team of gifted, called and enthusiastic persons, sharing tasks and credit.
- Experience leading both musicians and the congregation in public worship, including with diverse expressions of worship style. Formal training in worship design, planning and musical leadership is a plus.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Willingness to continue to learn and improve.
Who are we?
Trinity United Methodist Church is a United Methodist Church in Elkhart, Indiana. Elkhart is a diverse community in north central Indiana. Trinity is a larger, historical United Methodist congregation that is known for its mission to its community and its
willingness to take holy risks and make godly changes. We present offer 4 different worship services on the weekend. We have two campuses – our main campus and a second campus on the southwest edge of the city where we have agreed to restart ministry and mission
at the site of a discontinued congregation that will be intentionally multicultural. We have a fairly large and very gifted and Spirit-led staff and many dedicated lay servants, including traditional and contemporary musicians. More information can be found
on our website www.3umc.org.
Who should you contact with questions or an application?
Send your digital resume along with links to videos of your worship leadership to:
Rev. Mark L. Dicken, Lead Pastor