Worship Team Leader
It is the primary purpose of the Worship Team Leader to develop a worship ministry capable of providing inspiring and engaging worship services that encourages the body to enter into corporate and personal worship to the glory of God.*
Worship Leader will be accountable to the Sr. Pastor.
- Leads the congregation toward authentic worship, through modeling and teaching such worship.
- Leads the worship team to include the singers, instrumentalists, sound techs, and computer techs.
- Provides guidance in the development and implementation of the highest quality worship possible by working to coordinate instrumentalists and vocalists in groups or as individuals.
- Meets weekly with the Pastor for planning worship services.
- Plans, schedules, leads, and coordinates the operation of corporate worship services.
- Prepares for and holds rehearsals for worship team during the week and Sunday morning including the music charts and sound set up.
- Ensures worship order for the bulletin is communicated to secretary.
- Oversees the recording of worship services.
- Oversee the recruiting, scheduling, and development of instrumentalists, vocalists, songwriters, sound technicians, and computer technicians.
- Finds new songs to introduce in worship and prepares the music charts for them.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Pastor.
REQUIRED CHARACTER AND SKILLS
- Maintains personal, spiritual and professional growth.
- Possess a vibrant growing personal committed relationship with Christ.
- Possess knowledge of the culture of a Bible Church.
- Agrees with the MBC doctrinal statement.
- Some experience leading worship
- Some formal Bible training preferred
*Description of our goal for Worship at MBC*
The elements of our worship at Madison Bible Church include, prayer, singing, giving, proclamation of the word, the Lord’s Table, baptism, baby dedications, the reading of scripture, personal testimony and anything else that encourages the congregation to
worship our holy and awesome God. These elements allow us as a congregation to recognize God for who He is and to humbly invite Him into the rightful place in our lives. With this in mind the worship leader must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ who
each week is spiritually prepared to lead the congregation, and who has the skill to lead.
The worship leader in preparing the worship services should be sensitive to the needs of the body using both old and new songs with a full range of instruments. The worship leader will weave together the various elements of the service in such a way that
God is glorified, Christ is lifted up and the worshippers are invited to humbly enter into the presence of God. In choosing music for our worship services we don’t want to be restrictive or formulaic, but we want to give the worship leader the freedom to
draw from the great songs of old as well as the songs that are being written in this generation. In our music we want to be both celebratory and reflective. All songs chosen should be biblically and theologically sound and performed in a way that invites
the congregation to sing with hearts full of praise to our God.