Roswell United Methodist Church (RUMC) in suburban Atlanta, Georgia is currently seeking a full-time Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing, directly responsible for all internal and external communications for RUMC, including print, social media,
and web. This position reports to the Senior Minister and will provide leadership for a newly developed creative and technical Communications team, to include full and part-time staff in Communications, IT, A/V, and Database Management. A successful candidate
will be able to champion emerging technologies and concepts in communications and marketing, including such efforts as brand recognition and website enhancements, in order to further promote RUMC’s visibility in the community and strategize ways to build bridges
between the two. Imperative is the ability to develop and execute communications strategies that further the vision, mission, goals, and ministries of RUMC.
Qualifications of a successful candidate include:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications or related field.
- 10 or more years of progressively responsible experiences in communications management and marketing or ad agency (TV or radio).
- Results-oriented, skilled communicator. Excellent verbal and written English skills, with command of style and usage. Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly. Proven interpersonal skills including the ability to work in a multi-generational, diverse
setting, using advanced listening, collaborative, and facilitation skills.
- Successful management and leadership of technical managers. Ability to plan, organize, and lead staff and volunteers in a deadline-intensive environment. Ability to demonstrate servant leadership. Successful goal setting, follow up, and achievement skills.
- Advanced computer skills/experience in the following (but not limited to): InDesign, Photoshop, Word Press, Microsoft Office products, Windows, VMware, Exchange, and SQL; Dreamweaver; Shelby database. Willingness and ability to learn new technology and
skills to maintain efficiency and relevance in the areas of communications, marketing, and branding.
- Must be willing to attend evening and weekend meetings and events as necessary.
Salary range is $60-65,000 and is commensurate with experience. The compensation plan includes a full range of benefits, to be discussed during the interview process; there is no allowance for relocation. Some night and weekend hours are required. Please
see detailed job description at www.rumc.com/jobs; send resume to email@example.com.