This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Senior Pastor Bridgeway Community Church
Bridgeway Community Church
Rockford, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 11/19/2008
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
**(Please email all resumes to email@example.com. Thank you.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
It is the intention of this document to capture the overall accountabilities of the Senior Pastor. Specific responsibilities may be delegated to qualified members of the staff with the approval of the Elder Team.
1. Resident Theologian
Ensure that the beliefs and the teachings provided at Bridgeway Community Church are theologically sound and in alignment with Bridgeway’s statement of faith.
• Oversees all religious educational programs to ensure that the curriculum is keeping with the overall goals and philosophy of BCC (i.e. material presented on Sunday morning, area of studies being taught at Bridgeway University, curriculum being utilized throughout the Bridgeway House Churches and other ministry platforms such as Jseekers, Youth, etc.).
2. Spiritual Leadership
“Feed my Sheep” John 21:17. Provide solid spiritual leadership to the church, and model spiritual depth on matters of faith and Christian living.
• Design and implement discipleship model that fosters “fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ”.
• Leads Bridgeway Community Church in efforts to target and win the lost and un-churched in the Rockford and surrounding community.
3. Cultural and Biblical Preaching
• Provide truth for today’s world from the scriptures so that seekers encounter Jesus and believers are challenged to grow spiritually.
• Spend the Appropriate amount of time in preparation for weekly delivery of Sunday morning message.
Guide the church members to responsive biblical giving through stewardship development.
5. Church Network Development
Develop a support network with like-minded churches in the West Michigan area as well as throughout the country to expand the reach of BridgeWay ministries and provide framework for knowledge sharing/best practices.
6. Leadership Culture Development
Continually challenge existing leaders towards greater levels of leadership & foster an environment towards the development of emerging leaders.
7. Provision of Pastoral Care
• Provide Crisis Care, Counseling, and Visitation as needed/appropriate.
• Preside over weddings, within the church body, and funerals as requested
8. Fund Development
Cast vision and promote the efforts of Major Fund Raising events, i.e. Capital Campaign, via individual, group, and corporate meetings.
9. Staff Oversight
Oversee the management of the BridgeWay staff which includes but is not limited to:
• Define the creation and/or revisions of job descriptions of Bridgeway Community Church staff.
• Ensure that Bridgeway Community Church staff is meeting the expectations of their job description via weekly staff meetings and periodic reviews.
• Function as the Pastor to the staff by encouraging and mentoring them to higher levels of spiritual development, Christ like behaviors and devotion to their areas of ministry
• Provide monthly staff update to Elder team, as needed.
10. Biblical Life Balance
We want you to be fully invested in this ministry, but recognize that this ministry is only part of who you are and that stability and happiness in the other areas of your life will strengthen your effectiveness in ministry. We insist that ministry should not consume you or your family. For the sake of this ministry, and the cause of Christ, it is important to be careful about the “extra curricular” responsibilities you take on. We encourage you to take whatever steps necessary to maintain a healthy soul, a healthy body, a healthy marriage, and a healthy family.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily as determined by the Elder Team.
An individual must also have the following characteristics:
1. Be firm in their faith and be able to articulate their faith clearly.
2. Represent BridgeWay in a manner consistent with our mission and values
3. Be able to build positive relationships with our staff as well as church members.
4. Have a passion for evangelism
5. Work in a self-directed work environment
6. Be dedicated to the spiritual disciplines (i.e. meditation, prayer, fasting, study, etc.)
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
College and Seminary Degree