Primary Objective(Basic Purpose):
To lead and coordinate a multi-faceted worship ministry to help our congregation fulfill our vision to
Know Christ, Grow Faith and Go Witness.
- Live a life in agreement with the Dayton United Methodist Church Leadership Covenant.
- Lead and coordinate worship for weekly services and special events (i.e. Christmas musical, Easter Cantata, etc.)
2.1. Lead, direct, and coach our praise teams as they plan and deliver worship for their respective services.
2.2. Recruit, develop, and deploy musicians for all music ministries.
- Partner with our youth pastor in coordinating worship for our growing youth ministry and with our Children’s Pastor in coordinating worship for our children’s ministry.
- Provide pastoral care for worship servants and their families through hospital visitation, counseling, guidance and prayer, encouraging one-on-one sessions when needed.
- Attend and participate in weekly Staff Meetings of the DUMC Staff.
- Attend and report to the monthly meetings of the Administrative Council.
- Attend regular worship services at Dayton UMC, as well as special services and events.
- Assist the Lead Pastor, as needed, by serving Communion, providing altar counseling, preaching occasionally and conducting weddings and funerals, counseling and hospital visitation.
Required Education and Experience:
- Committed Christian with the same basic philosophy of ministry and theology as the Dayton United Methodist Church.
- Demonstrated ability in leading multiple praise/worship teams (traditional and contemporary).
2.1. Skilled in playing a musical instrument, preferably guitar or piano.
2.2. Familiarity with sound/multi-media equipment and ability to leverage it to enhance the worship experience.
- BA in a relevant field is desired.
- Strong people skills and a team player.
- A servant’s heart for ministry and a deep desire to see people come to Christ and grow in faith.
- Ability to disciple/mentor worship servants.
- Ability to conduct all financial, personal and church matters with confidentiality.