Ministry Title: Pastor of Assimilation
Reports To: Executive Pastor
Date Prepared: 5/15/13
To serve Stones Crossing Church by providing direction, administration and pastoral leadership of small groups accessible to the church congregation and the community at large. Additionally, this person provides pastoral care, oversight and
leadership development to small group leaders
To serve Stones Crossing Church by providing direction, administration and pastoral leadership of the assimilation process. This includes moving a person from visitor to member status, overseeing the discipleship training and baptism processes,
as well as overall strategy and execution of volunteer placement.
- Direct and oversee, with proven leadership abilities and team-building concept implementation, the small group lead teams in planning and executing all the functions that are essential to producing a strong a viable small group ministry.
- Direct and oversee the small group ministry teams in planning and implementing new leaders’ orientation meetings, leadership training meetings and all spiritual growth campaigns.
- Strategize with the small group ministry teams in planning and implementing systems, policies and procedures for approving small group leaders.
- Raise up leadership by identifying and recruiting potential small group leaders. Implement leadership development through informal and formal means.
- Oversee and direct church communication/publicity related to small group ministries.
- Plan, build and execute a strategy for assimilating newcomers into the membership of body of believers. This includes, but may not be limited to: first time visitor follow-up, recruiting for membership class, tracking service in CCB, placing volunteers
who are interested in serving, leading the spiritual gifts class and communicating/partnering with other staff members on the assimilation process.
- Work in close association with the entire staff team to build and maintain a strong team environment among our staff and complete the work necessary to fully serve and support the ministries and events of Stones Crossing Church.
- Develop systems and structures to recruit and develop leaders. He manages the leadership pipeline and processes of our volunteers, interns, and elders. He leads by example by being a leader of leaders.
- Attend staff meetings, lead small group department meetings and participate in additional meetings when requested to do so.
- Be prepared to perform regular pastoral duties including: baptisms, communion, weddings, funerals, teaching, administration, pastoral care and conducting regular worship services as needed.
- Cooperate with the Lead Pastor by performing any other duties when asked to do so.