Kamloops Alliance Church
233 Fortune Drive, Kamloops, BC, V2B 2H7
The Senior Associate Pastor is employed full time by Kamloops Alliance Church. The primary purpose of this role is to provide effective leadership and oversight to the Pastoral Team Leaders and their portfolios, including ministry development, small group ministries, and implementation of strategic and annual plans, results and performance evaluations. Encouraging, coaching and mentoring the staff is a priority. Building a highly productive, cohesive team is a priority. The Senior Associate Pastor is a member of the Senior Leadership Team that assists the Senior Pastor with development and implementation of the vision, mission, and goals of the Church.
Areas of Responsibility:
Liaison with Senior Pastor: 10%
- Act as a liaison between Senior Management Team and the Senior Leadership Team, effectively communicating direction and expectations.
- Meet regularly with Senior Pastor for prayer and planning.
- In consultation with the Senior Pastor, direct the hiring of all staff as well as the formal procedures of managing staff including repositioning, discipline and dismissal.
- As an experienced leader, create an environment within the team and office where employees are inspired to excel in their roles.
- Working closely with the Senior Pastor, ensure communication is accurate to and from all individuals in the organization.
- Insure that action plans are aligned with the overall strategic and annual plan of KAC.
- Effectively lead and manage each department head, coaching and mentoring as required.
- Establish expectations and realistic measurements, reviewing on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee and direct the small group ministry (Cell Ministry) at KAC.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in giving direction through establishing and clearly communicating vision, goals and plans to pastoral and office staff.
- Serve as part of the Teaching Team complementing the teaching talents of other team members. Provide coverage as needed.
- Actively provide leadership in teaching and ministering to the Church members.
- Oversee launching of new ministries, ensuring they flow through the ministry planning process and are consistent with the Church’s vision and mission.
- Be the champion for the staff team morale.
- Meet with members of the Church as needed and as assigned. Provide education and support, handling day to day activities including crisis management.
- Solve problems effectively and efficiently, supporting staff to grow in their abilities to solve problems.
- Lead weekly staff meetings.
- Be informed and sensitive to the spiritual growth of church members and staff, supporting them in prayer, education and knowledge.
Human Resources: 20%
- The Senior Associate Pastor is responsible for the overall staff productivity and effectiveness. Ensure that the team members are aligned with the strategic and annual plans and that they understand the priorities that have been agreed to by the Elders Board and Senior Pastor.
- Review the responsibilities, talents and skills of each team member to ensure that there is compatibility and effectiveness, so that a high quality of work is achieved.
- Responsible for leading the recruitment of new staff members, ensuring that a process is in place for determining needs and filling the positions. Responsible for contract terms, job offers, orientation for new employees, exit interviews for employees leaving KAC.
- Job Descriptions need to be reviewed regularly, and performance evaluations conducted in collaboration with each employee. Coach for improvements in performance establishing agreements and follow-up plans.
- Work effectively with the Business Manager ensuring that teams are aligned.
- Promote Professional Development - planning ahead with each staff member. When a learning need has been identified, support employees by agreeing on desired outcomes prior to and following the learning opportunity.
- Be your team member’s biggest cheer leader, encouraging them to strive for excellence.
Strategic and Annual Planning: 12%
- Facilitate the development and approval of a strategic (long term,) and annual operating plan. (Plan is initiated by the Senior Pastor and Board of Elders). Strategic and annual plan includes measurable goals and objectives for and by each staff member. Monitor results to ensure that the entire KAC is successful in achieving planned outcomes.
Elder Board Involvement: 5%
- Commit to the vision and mission of the church and be involved in supporting the Senior Pastor in the development, articulation and implementation of the same.
- In the absence of, or as delegated by the Senior Pastor, attend Elder’s meetings to bring updates and input.
- Provide current information to the Board to aid in their decision making.
- Facilitate the flow of information between the Elder’s Board and the staff.
General Responsibilities and Expectations:
All church staff ought to know Jesus personally and love him whole heartedly. This ought to be evidenced through spiritual growing and an obvious love of Jesus.
Church staff ought to engage in biblically grounded and sacred rhythms that help us grow in a personal relationship with Jesus through daily devotions (Scripture reading, prayer, accountability, acts of justice and evangelical witness), Sabbath practice and Christian celebrations (Christmas, Advent and Easter)
All Church staff ought to participate in church life through regular attendance at, and participation in, Celebration Services and Small Groups.
For more information, or to receive an applicate package, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Discipleship PastorBethel Church
- Owatonna, Minnesota
- October 19
Elementary DirectorRiver Pointe Church
- Richmond, Texas
- October 19
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Kamloops Alliance Church
Kamloops Alliance Church is an extraordinary church being used by God to make a significant impact in its community and beyond. This church of 800+ is a prime opportunity for a high capacity person seeking a dynamic growing church located in a family-friendly community in the heart of beautiful British Columbia. There is no doubt that the right leader could experience their dream job in this environment. More...