Heritage Church, a multi-site church with approximately 1800 in weekly attendance, thrives with an ethnically diverse, intergenerational congregation and is passionate about real life change. We are a purpose-driven church that places a high value on evangelism and present a modern, engaging, and relevant worship style. We are experiencing rapid growth and have had over 750 baptisms in the last 7 years. We are seeking a Children’s Ministry Director for our Sterling Heights, MI campus (the largest of our sites) to create dynamic environments of life change for our 350 children and their families.
Children’s Ministry Director Job Description
The Children’s Ministry Director is a full-time position overseeing all ministries for the spiritual growth of children birth to 5th grade. Because we believe that the home and church partnering together can make the biggest impact in a child’s life, a special emphasis is placed on engaging and equipping families.
- Born again Christian who has a confirmed call by God into ministry.
- A passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
- Meets Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership.
- Possess an outward-turning, extroverted personality.
- Basic working understanding of “Orange” Family Ministries Philosophy (252 curriculum, Think Orange, The Essence of Orange, Lead Small, etc.).
- Previous experience with direction and administration of large church Children’s Ministries or Family Ministries.
- BA or BS degree in Children/Family ministries or similar.
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
- Experience in designing and developing children’s ministry programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Ability to reach out and connect with families involved with Heritage Church Children’s Ministry.
- Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher), and the capacity to learn new software (Photoshop, Planning Center, others).
- A natural ability to relate well to both children and their parents.
- Capable of seeing the big picture yet discussing the details.
- A commitment to the church’s vision, core values and ministry priorities (experienceheritage.org/ new/about/core_values).
- A team-oriented, visionary leader with direct people management experience.
- Developed administrative and organizational skills.
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth-5th grade, including weekend services, Wednesday nights, summer programming, special events, etc…
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Plan and oversee special events (similar to VBS, Fall Festival, Baby Dedications, etc.)
- Provide vision, strategy & development for Children’s Ministry environments (birth-5th grade).
- Provide leadership, direction and training for all Children’s Ministry Staff.
- Review, purchase and oversee the implementation of all curriculums for the Large Group/Small Groupteachingenvironments (3 years-5th grade).
- Oversight of all Early Childhood Ministries (3 years-Kindergarten).
Recruit and oversee all early childhood volunteers providing leadership, training, and appreciation.
- Develop and maintain irresistible, appealing and engaging environments for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Responsible for tracking weekly attendance, metrics and patterns.
- Meets regularly with the Family Ministries Pastor to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
- Engage and equip families, helping parents expand their spiritual influence within their homes.
- Develop and manage to a yearly ministry plan and budget.
- Be an active participant in the church’s overall direction and leadership with an understanding that Children’s Ministry is one of many systems of the overall church.
- Stay current with latest trends in children’s and family ministry, bringing the best ideas forward for evaluation.
- Reports to the Pastor of Family Ministries.
- Supervises and directs Children’s Ministry staff.
- Receives support from peers on Family Ministries team.
- Receives consistent leadership training from Pastor of Family Ministries.
- Works closely with all areas of ministries within Heritage Church.
- Salary plus benefits commensurate with experience.
- Relocation expenses subsidization negotiable.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's PastorBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- December 6
Children's PastorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- December 6
Children's Ministry Director/PastorLiberty Baptist Church
- Spring Lake, North Carolina
- December 6
Parkview Community Church - Elementary DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Glen Ellyn, Illinois
- December 6
Associate Children's Pastor and Upward Sports DirectorFairview Village Church
- Eagleville, Pennsylvania
- December 6
Heritage Church, a multi-site church with approximately 1800 in weekly attendance, thrives with an ethnically diverse, intergenerational congregation and is passionate about real life change. We are a purpose-driven church that places a high value on evangelism and present a modern, engaging, and relevant worship style. We are experiencing rapid growth and have had over 750 baptisms in the last 7 years. More...