First United Methodist Church of Glen Ellyn
424 Forest Avenue, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Music is an integral part of worship at First United Methodist Church of Glen Ellyn, and we are blessed to have rich musical talent to give voice to our faith. Both our Chancel Choir and our Praise Band participate in the 10:30am service during the fall,
winter and spring season. Celebrating musical diversity in the worship of God, services throughout the year include instrumentalists, soloists and ensembles performing all genres of music from classical to jazz and gospel.
First United Methodist Church seeks a part-time organist/pianist with the following skills and education:
- Degrees in organ performance/church music are preferred but not required.
- Successful employment experience is preferred.
- Excellent organ and piano skills.
- Music reading skills, including sight-reading and open score reading.
- Ability to play complex rhythms.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge, experience and proficiency in a broad range of musical styles and repertoires.
- Provide accompaniment for Praise Band, Chancel Choir, and other service music for the 10:30 Worship Service, including prelude, postlude and hymns.
- Accompany the weekly choir rehearsal.
- Accompany and rehearse with soloists, small ensembles and instrumental groups as needed.
- Provide accompaniment and service music for Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Easter, and other special services or concerts.
- Will be given first refusal rights for all weddings and funerals.
- Commensurate with experience and/or skill.
Submit a resume and cover letter [electronic or hard copy].
Recordings/mp3s with examples of organ and piano playing (via CD, DVD, mp3, website, or YouTube).
Three current references with contact information
Submissions can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax# (630) 469-2041 or First United Methodist Church, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137